Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab - how to make time range? Post 302369673 by waso on Monday 9th of November 2009 09:02:48 AM
Old 11-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Most versions of cron/crontab support lists. Have you tried something like
Code:
7,22,37,52 0-19,21-23 * * * test.sh  >/dev/null 2>&1

thanks for advice, i will try it Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to get list of files of a perticular range of time

hi, how to list the files which has been created or accessed before 6 months thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. Solaris

problem to make a crontab -l

Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help , but now i have a problem There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javierg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

time stamp perl script error out of range 1..31

Hi, while running the perl script i am getting this error message , Day '' out of range 1..31 at rsty.sh line 44 what do iam missing in the script, any suggestion #!/usr/bin/perl use Time::Local; my $wday = $ARGV; my $month = $ARGV; # convert the month shortname into 0-11 number if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - date & time range

Hi, I need to search email files by date & time range in email files. The timezone is not important. Can someone plz advise how i can do this ? For e.g A user can specify only A single date A date range date & time range Below is part of the email file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grep a range of time & date

how can i grep a range? i have a text file with the following text: result.log.00:2012/01/02 12:00:07.422 LOG STARTED HERE N6Kashya29MemoryShieldScheduler_AO_IMPLE, pid=8662/8658, config=(alertThreshold=10,alertLevel=0,killThreshold=7200,coreThreshold=0,full=1), deltaTime=0,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boaz733
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make entries in crontab file

I have created a shell script "abcd.sh" and script should run after every 10 min., For that I will create below entry in the crontab file by using command crontab -e */10 * * * * /cdr/work/proc_raw/abcd.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1 I wish to know whether above entry is correct or I have to make entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script in time and date range

i need to run one script inside of other, and there is some terms - main script in scheduled in cron for everyday runing every 5min - i need to run /tmp/script2.sh after first 3 days in month - i need to run /tmp/script2.sh from 7-9AM, main script is runining all day all recommendations are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - check time stamp between range or not

I want to check given time stamp is between the given time stamp or not. I am using AIX. YYYYMMDDHHMMSS abc.csv START TIME, END TIME 20130209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 Script will check given time stamp is between above two range or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Time Stamp Range On Log Files

I have created this script #!/bin/sh FILES=/data/log/access_*.log for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file" cat $f | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail done It produces this output Processing /data/log/access_abc.log file 114 1.1.1.1 167 2.2.2.2 ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
38 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)