Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Creation notification
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Creation notification Post 302369581 by redhead on Monday 9th of November 2009 05:03:08 AM
Old 11-09-2009
Code:
#!/bin/sh

while [ 1 ]; do                        # Run for as long as nessesary
  if [ -f /some/where/a/file ]; then   # If filename exists and has the apropriate name
    echo "File is found"               # Notify and stop monitoring
    exit 0
  fi
  sleep 60                             # Else wait a minut and see again
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail notification on file generation

I'm very new to unix. I need help in writing a shell script that will automatically take output file from a particular folder from a server and if the file is generated send email notifications to certain group of ppl and if it is not generated send a mail wid error msg.. can any1 help me on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzie.sharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file generation and mail notification

I'm very new to unix. I need help in writing a shell script that will automatically take output file from a particular folder from a server and if the file is generated send email notifications to certain group of ppl and if it is not generated send a mail wid error msg.. can any1 help me on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzie.sharma
4 Replies

3. Solaris

gzip a file and append creation date stamp to file

I want to gzip a file and append the creation date to the end of the file. How can I accomplish this task. Basically they are log files which need a creation date stamp appended to make sure they do not overwrite other log files. -jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification as popups when a file being written

I would like to know Is it possible to get a notification as pop-up in linux when a folder with extension '.aqs' written a popup should come as " The folder has been written " Thank you in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bal_nair
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification of the modification of a specific entry in a file

I need to get notification via email when the line containing a pattern is changed in a file. Not during the time any changes to file occurs. Ie if we reset a user password say example, demouser the hash in the line containing the word demouser in the file /etc/group changes. So when this change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

7. AIX

Email Notification if file exist in AIX

hi, I want to the AIX to check if file exist everyday and send me notification email. I added this to the root file in /var/spool/cron/crontabs 0 10 * * * /usr/sendS40No.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 I tried also 0 10 * * * /usr/sendS40No.sh and in the sendS40No.sh i wrote this if then echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amjad_bl3awy
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification of user id creation/deletion

Can someone help me with a shell script that will send an email to a set of email ids when a user id is created or deleted on AIX system. Also, if the script can let the admin know when a particular user id's password will expire. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

User id creation/deletion - notification

Can someone help me with a shell script that will send an email to a set of email ids when a user id is created or deleted on AIX system. Also, if the script can let the admin know when a particular user id's password will expire. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies
SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData - Configuration for SVN::Notify::Mirror SYNOPSIS
use SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData; $value = SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData->config('foo'); $value = SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData->feature('bar'); @names = SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData->config_names; @names = SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData->feature_names; SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData->set_config(foo => $new_value); SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData->set_feature(bar => $new_value); SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData->write; # Save changes DESCRIPTION
This module holds the configuration data for the "SVN::Notify::Mirror" module. It also provides a programmatic interface for getting or setting that configuration data. Note that in order to actually make changes, you'll have to have write access to the "SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData" module, and you should attempt to understand the repercussions of your actions. METHODS
config($name) Given a string argument, returns the value of the configuration item by that name, or "undef" if no such item exists. feature($name) Given a string argument, returns the value of the feature by that name, or "undef" if no such feature exists. set_config($name, $value) Sets the configuration item with the given name to the given value. The value may be any Perl scalar that will serialize correctly using "Data::Dumper". This includes references, objects (usually), and complex data structures. It probably does not include transient things like filehandles or sockets. set_feature($name, $value) Sets the feature with the given name to the given boolean value. The value will be converted to 0 or 1 automatically. config_names() Returns a list of all the names of config items currently defined in "SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData", or in scalar context the number of items. feature_names() Returns a list of all the names of features currently defined in "SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData", or in scalar context the number of features. auto_feature_names() Returns a list of all the names of features whose availability is dynamically determined, or in scalar context the number of such features. Does not include such features that have later been set to a fixed value. write() Commits any changes from "set_config()" and "set_feature()" to disk. Requires write access to the "SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData" module. AUTHOR
"SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData" was automatically created using "Module::Build". "Module::Build" was written by Ken Williams, but he holds no authorship claim or copyright claim to the contents of "SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData". perl v5.14.2 2012-07-04 SVN::Notify::Mirror::ConfigData(3pm)