Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab - how to make time range? Post 302369558 by waso on Monday 9th of November 2009 04:00:40 AM
Old 11-09-2009
CPU & Memory Crontab - how to make time range?

im puting script in crontab, script is executing every 15min, every day, every monath

but i must make time range from 0:00 - 20:00 <> 20:30 - 0:00
or if i cant make 20:30 then 0:00 - 20:00 <> 21:00- 0:00

can i make it in single line like this?

Code:
7,22,37,52 0-23 * * * test.sh  >/dev/null 2>&1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to get list of files of a perticular range of time

hi, how to list the files which has been created or accessed before 6 months thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. Solaris

problem to make a crontab -l

Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help , but now i have a problem There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javierg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

time stamp perl script error out of range 1..31

Hi, while running the perl script i am getting this error message , Day '' out of range 1..31 at rsty.sh line 44 what do iam missing in the script, any suggestion #!/usr/bin/perl use Time::Local; my $wday = $ARGV; my $month = $ARGV; # convert the month shortname into 0-11 number if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - date & time range

Hi, I need to search email files by date & time range in email files. The timezone is not important. Can someone plz advise how i can do this ? For e.g A user can specify only A single date A date range date & time range Below is part of the email file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grep a range of time & date

how can i grep a range? i have a text file with the following text: result.log.00:2012/01/02 12:00:07.422 LOG STARTED HERE N6Kashya29MemoryShieldScheduler_AO_IMPLE, pid=8662/8658, config=(alertThreshold=10,alertLevel=0,killThreshold=7200,coreThreshold=0,full=1), deltaTime=0,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boaz733
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make entries in crontab file

I have created a shell script "abcd.sh" and script should run after every 10 min., For that I will create below entry in the crontab file by using command crontab -e */10 * * * * /cdr/work/proc_raw/abcd.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1 I wish to know whether above entry is correct or I have to make entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script in time and date range

i need to run one script inside of other, and there is some terms - main script in scheduled in cron for everyday runing every 5min - i need to run /tmp/script2.sh after first 3 days in month - i need to run /tmp/script2.sh from 7-9AM, main script is runining all day all recommendations are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - check time stamp between range or not

I want to check given time stamp is between the given time stamp or not. I am using AIX. YYYYMMDDHHMMSS abc.csv START TIME, END TIME 20130209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 Script will check given time stamp is between above two range or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Time Stamp Range On Log Files

I have created this script #!/bin/sh FILES=/data/log/access_*.log for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file" cat $f | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail done It produces this output Processing /data/log/access_abc.log file 114 1.1.1.1 167 2.2.2.2 ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
38 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)