Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed/shell scripting - add line if needed and not allready there Post 302369508 by computethis on Sunday 8th of November 2009 11:44:28 PM
Old 11-09-2009
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - shell scripting

I have a file that has text in the format below ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / How can I seperate the text between a pair of 'ABC' into seperate files ??? any information would be of great help. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHell Scripting Help Needed

Dear All, I have an input file like this interface Serial10/0/7:11.1 point-to-point description CLIENT:SA_INSTITUTO ANGLO MEXICANO Sitio Metepec 104452:0,165 bandwidth 64 ip vrf forwarding INSTITUTO-ANGLO ip address 192.168.148.217 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast frame-relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add a line at the end of a file using shell scripting

Hi All , I am new to shell scripting. i have a shell script(which is executed as a super user) , i want to it to do one more job for me. ie mounting a directory over other using lofs . i have done it manually using 1) using mount command mount -F lofs /export/home/dju /dju 2)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet123321
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in shell scripting

" how to write a script to send an error in a log file to a particular E-Mail ID " Can anyone help me in this ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk scripting help needed

hi all, for an example : df -k output shows: $ df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/cciss/c0d0p6 3099260 1117760 1824068 8% / /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 256666 18065 225349 8% /boot none 8219180 0 8219180 0% /dev/shm /dev/mapper/vglocal-home 1032088 245172 734488 26%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for shell scripting for oracle.

Hi, Please see contains both files created for automating the data from oracle through shell. 1)a_p.ksh #!/bin/ksh LOG=/home/A_P.log MESSAGE=/home/MESSAGE_A_P.txt mail_list=/home/AP_MAIL_LIST.txt data=/home/spooled_A_P.log echo "`date` Starting execution for A_P COUNT" > $LOG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Shell scripting

Hi All, I need to split a flatfile based on it's first character, I am using the following script awk '{print > "TEST_substr($0,1,1).txt"}' PROVIDER.txt It is returning files TEST_1 and TEST_2 But I am not getting the .txt file extension. I need the files like TEST_1.txt and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam35
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most vexing: Sed or Awk scripting for date conversion needed

Hi, I have some files being sent to me that have dates in them in this format: from 1/8/2011 15:14:20 and I need the dates in this format (mysql date format) To 2011-01-08 15:14:20 all I have so far is the regexp that detects the format: sed -r -e 's@\1/\2/\3\4\5\6]::$@do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Korn Shell scripting

#! /bin/ksh while read line do if ] ; then echo "no data" continue; fi echo "performing operation on $line" done < prg.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhi Kashyap
3 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)