Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using SED to Replace \|
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using SED to Replace \| Post 302369329 by DerangedNick on Saturday 7th of November 2009 02:20:13 PM
Old 11-07-2009
I am running it on a text input prior to trying to load it to a database. Just tried it again and i am checking the output now, so I am not sure if it worked yet.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace using SED?

Hi, I want to change a particular string in a file with another string. This is part of a larger script file. I m using SED for this purpose: sed -e 's/hostname.domainname/${HOST}.${DOMAIN}/g' $sed_file>$tmp_file Where the occurance hostname.domainname has to be replaced with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - replace $

my script: amount1=`tail /tmp/file1.txt` amount2=`tail /tmp/file2.txt` sed -e 's/'${amount2}'/'${amount1}'/g' filename1 > filename2 what did i do wrong ? i just want to replace amount1 with amount2 value. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace help

Hi, i am following content in file cat file Install Installation-path variable Now i need to replace Installation-path with some text to be provided as argument in csh script invocation My question is , can i replace this by only using path eg. sed "s/path/$1" file but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace the a string in the same file using sed?

How do i replace a string using sed into the same file without creating a intermediate file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED Replace

I'm trying to change a "." in a file name with a "_" I have tried; sed -e 's/./_/g' However this then replaces the entire filename with a load of "_" For example; ls /usr/local/feed/service/customers/test1/configs/test1.httpsend | awk -F/ '{print $9}' | tr "" "" | sed -e "s/./_/g" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replace

Hello, I have a comman separated file lets day data.txt in following format ,:000002 CH XIN9I.INDX, 34.7534909645,:000002 CH,:Index XIN9I.INDX ,:000063 CH XIN9I.INDX, 6.3062924781,:000063 CH,:Index XIN9I.INDX ,:000776 CH XIN9I.INDX, 2.7001954832,:000776 CH,:Index XIN9I.INDX I would like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace

Hi, i have a file as give below >cat sample_file param1 val1 2012-06-19 ##there can be one or more space after 2012-06-19 in the above file i want to replace val1 with a with value passed through a variable... below is the command i tried >parval='param1 val2' >par1=param1 >sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun19
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/replace help

How can we empty or replace with null, following block of code (within the php quotes including the quotes) from inside a file. *** some other data above this code <? #317008# ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Replace

I have a file whose output words are always like this: aaaa bbbb cccc dddd. Trying to arrange the data so that there are 2 columns such that the 1st word become the 1st column like this: aaaa aaaa aaaa bbbb aaaa cccc aaaa dddd Trying to use awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
8 Replies
uupath(1)						      General Commands Manual							 uupath(1)

NAME
uupath, mkuupath - access and manage the pathalias database SYNOPSIS
pathsfile] mailaddress pathsfile DESCRIPTION
The commands, including and are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. provides electronic message routing by expanding a simple UUCP address into a full UUCP path (see uucp(1)). For example, could be expanded into expands an address by parsing mailaddress for the dominant host (see below) and looking up the host in the appropriate database (see pathalias(1)). If the host is found in the database, the expanded address is written to the standard output. If the host is not found, writes the original address to the standard output and returns an exit status of 1. expects mailaddress to be in UUCP format (hostor ARPANET format (user@host). The option opens the database based on pathsfile rather than the default database based on This database must be a database created by con- sisting of the two files and The dominant host is the left-most UUCP host in mailaddress. If no UUCP host is found (no is in the address), assumes that the address is in the simple ARPANET format user@host. If the address does not match either format, writes the original address to the standard output and returns an exit status of 1. constructs a mail routing database by using the pathsfile data file obtained from (see pathalias(1)). as input. The recommended pathsfile location is because this is the default database used by The database files and are created by If these files already exist, they must be removed prior to running The option specifies verbose mode, which writes a line to the standard output for each entry written to the database. DIAGNOSTICS
returns an exit status of 1 and writes the original mailaddress to the standard output if the address is not found or is incorrectly for- matted. returns an exit status of 2 and prints a diagnostic message if the database files are not accessible, or if improper parameters are given. Otherwise, returns an exit status of 0. If the database files and already exist prior to running the message is displayed. These files must be removed before running WARNINGS
Use of commands, including and is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. AUTHOR
was developed by University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
pathalias(1), uucp(1). TO BE OBSOLETED uupath(1)