Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple SSH script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple SSH script Post 302369201 by fubaya on Friday 6th of November 2009 09:54:58 PM
Old 11-06-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramky79
2) Everytime the script executes It prompts me for a password. How to overcome this, I tried it with expect, but have no experience using expect.
I agree with ssh keys. I set up my first auto-login script last night using this site as reference. It's really easy, but I was doing it on 298 less computers..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple script

I am trying to print my script arguments, but i am stuck at the arrow pointed lines..please help #!/bin/bash echo "Number of arguments $#" count=1 while do echo ${$count} <======================== count = $(expr $count +1) <================== done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvs2000
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple script

how do i put a date to the tar file in my script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phehaM
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create a simple script using MD5, SSH...

Hi all, I am brand new to these forums and I am a brand new UNIX Administartor. Don't know any scripting yet :wall:, and would like to learn as my boss is slowly letting me understand everything about being a Sys/*Nix Admin. He created this script which I am trying to replicate because I lost it... (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
54 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to do so?

hi guys, i am a noob to shell scripting, and i would like to run a simple script, that could simply do the following: 1. SFTP to a remote server/path...and download the newest *.gz backup file on that server. (there are many *.gz files in that folder, i simply need the latest one) 2. locally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Confidence
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script need help

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement which need copy some files and rename them in same dir. for example I need to rename all files with ABC at begining of file name. #! /bin/ksh filelist=`ls ABC*` while read file do echo ${file: 0:18} cp $file ${file: 0:18} done <"${filelist}" i got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

7. Linux

How to execute a simple select script using a shell script?

Hi team, I have two select statements and need to run them using SYSDBA user select * from temp_temp_seg_usage; select segment_name, tablespace_name, bytes/ (1024*1024) UsedMb from dba_segments where segment_name='TEMP_TEMP_SEG_USAGE'; Need to run this using a shell script say named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamsy78
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if script

Hi, new to unix and scripting, and i'm trying to set up a simple "if" script to create a seperate flag file dependant on success. So far i have the following ($5 is a variable passed to the script from the backup job) if then touch /u03/backups/backup_ended.flag else touch... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: richs24
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
PAM-SCRIPT(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     PAM-SCRIPT(7)

NAME
pam-script - a PAM module that can invoke scripts within the PAM stack. SYNOPSIS
pam-script.so [onerr=(success|fail)][dir=/some/path/] DESCRIPTION
pam-script allows you to execute scripts during authorization, passwd changes, and on session opening or closing. Such scripts can perform necessary tasks or influence the outcome of the PAM stack. For example, if the following entry was included in pam.conf sshd auth required pam_script then if the script, pam_script_auth, exits with a non-zero value this would cause the user to be denied SSH access to the machine. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. onerr=(success|fail) the default behavior if the module can not find or execute the script. The default is to fail if the option is not given. dir=/some/path/ where to find the pam-scripts to invoke for each of the various module-types as described below. The default is dir=/usr/share/lib- pam-script if not given. List of scripts pam_script_auth Executed under auth which handles the authentication stage of establishing the user via some challenge-response (i.e. username/pass- word) pam_script_acct invoked under account module-type for non-authentication based account management. pam_script_passwd invoked under passwd for changing the password tokens. pam_script_ses_open invoked when a session is first opened. pam_script_ses_close run after a session is first closed. All the scripts will be passed several environment variables: PAM_USER, PAM_RUSER, PAM_RHOST, PAM_SERVICE, PAM_AUTHTOK, PAM_TTY, and PAM_TYPE referring to the module-type. The pam_script.so arguments in the pam.conf will be passed on the command line, which can be used to modify the script behavior. FILES
/lib/security/pam_script.so - the PAM module /usr/share/libpam-script - where the scripts should be placed by default VERSION
pam-script 1.1.5 SEE ALSO
PAM(7) and the PAM "The System Administrators' Guide" AUTHOR
pam-script was written by Jeroen Nijhof <jeroen@jeroennijhof.nl> with some additions and modifications by R.K. Owen, Ph.D. <rkowen@nersc.gov>. This manual page was written by R.K. Owen <rkowen@nersc.gov>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 22, 2007 PAM-SCRIPT(7)