Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple SSH script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple SSH script Post 302369138 by trey85stang on Friday 6th of November 2009 03:07:22 PM
Old 11-06-2009
ssh keys are your friend. If you have 300 servers though thats going to take some work to get them setup though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple script

I am trying to print my script arguments, but i am stuck at the arrow pointed lines..please help #!/bin/bash echo "Number of arguments $#" count=1 while do echo ${$count} <======================== count = $(expr $count +1) <================== done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvs2000
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple script

how do i put a date to the tar file in my script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phehaM
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create a simple script using MD5, SSH...

Hi all, I am brand new to these forums and I am a brand new UNIX Administartor. Don't know any scripting yet :wall:, and would like to learn as my boss is slowly letting me understand everything about being a Sys/*Nix Admin. He created this script which I am trying to replicate because I lost it... (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
54 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to do so?

hi guys, i am a noob to shell scripting, and i would like to run a simple script, that could simply do the following: 1. SFTP to a remote server/path...and download the newest *.gz backup file on that server. (there are many *.gz files in that folder, i simply need the latest one) 2. locally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Confidence
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script need help

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement which need copy some files and rename them in same dir. for example I need to rename all files with ABC at begining of file name. #! /bin/ksh filelist=`ls ABC*` while read file do echo ${file: 0:18} cp $file ${file: 0:18} done <"${filelist}" i got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

7. Linux

How to execute a simple select script using a shell script?

Hi team, I have two select statements and need to run them using SYSDBA user select * from temp_temp_seg_usage; select segment_name, tablespace_name, bytes/ (1024*1024) UsedMb from dba_segments where segment_name='TEMP_TEMP_SEG_USAGE'; Need to run this using a shell script say named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamsy78
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if script

Hi, new to unix and scripting, and i'm trying to set up a simple "if" script to create a seperate flag file dependant on success. So far i have the following ($5 is a variable passed to the script from the backup job) if then touch /u03/backups/backup_ended.flag else touch... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: richs24
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M)                                                                                                                    ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)