Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SHC Compiler [ERROR] AIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SHC Compiler [ERROR] AIX Post 302369014 by micrinho on Friday 6th of November 2009 09:28:34 AM
Old 11-06-2009
Data SHC Compiler [ERROR] AIX

Hello there,

I’m compiling a shell script under UNIX AIX 5.3 operating system.

I’m facing a “glitch” when I tried to run the .x file AIX sent the error message “Killed”.

Code:
# rpm -qa 
libgcc-4.2.0-3
libstdc++-4.2.0-3
gcc-4.2.0-3
libstdc++-devel-4.2.0-3
gcc-c++-4.2.0-3

# make
***  żDo you want to probe shc with a test script?
***  Please try... make test
Target "all" is up to date.

# ./shc -v -r -f script
shc shll=ksh
shc [-i]=-c
shc [-x]=exec '%s' "$@"
shc [-l]=
shc opts=
shc: cc  script.x.c -o script.x
shc: strip script.x
shc: chmod go-r script.x

# ./script.x
Killed

# echo $? 
This error is a signal 9

# type gcc
gcc is /usr/bin/gcc

# type cc
cc is /usr/bin/cc

Does anyone have any idea about that?
Thanks a lot

---------- Post updated at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:30 AM ----------

All,

I put the command make clean and run make again and after make test, take a look the output:

Code:
# make test
*** Compiling script "match"
 CFLAGS="-Wall -O6 -pedantic" ./shc -v -f match
shc shll=sh
shc [-i]=-c
shc [-x]=exec '%s' "$@"
shc [-l]=
shc opts=
shc: cc -Wall -O6 -pedantic match.x.c -o match.x
match.x.c:113: warning: string length '1043' is greater than the length '509' ISO C90 compilers are required to support
shc: strip match.x
shc: chmod go-r match.x
*** Running a compiled test script!
*** It must show files with substring "sh" in your PATH...
 ./match.x sh
make: The signal code from the last command is 9.

Stop.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by pludi; 11-06-2009 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

gcc compiler on AIX 5.2

Does anybody know a web site where I could download gcc for AIX 5.2 (I've downloaded gcc 3.2 from http://www.bullfreeware.com/, but it doesn't work)? Thanks a lot for your answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMISS
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shc: shell compiler?

Has anyone ever gotten shc compiler program to work. I am trying to encrypt a bash script on centos. When I run the command "shc -f test.sh", the binary actually gets created; however, when I try to run the binary I get the following the error: # ./test.sh.x ./test.sh.x: No such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to install shell script compiler (shc)

I have install gcc, downloaded shc-3.8.6 and extracted in /install > cd /install/shc-3.8.6 > export CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc > make cleanall > make test "Makefile" 72 lines, 1526 characters # make test /usr/local/bin/gcc -Wall -O6 -pedantic shc.c -o shc *** Compiling script "match"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to install gcc compiler on AIX?

I want to install gcc compiler on aix box. $uname -a AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000 Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ? What is boot straping ? Its urgent .. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

7. AIX

C++ compiler for AIX

please I want a help to how can I get C++ compiler to AIX OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmed waheed
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shc compiler issue

I am using the shc shell compiler, it works fine, just that when i execute it, it displays the code at the terminal. Is there any way to hide this as well? otherwise it beats the purpose of hiding the code. Thanks ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
7 Replies

10. AIX

Explanation of C Compiler for AIX

Hi, I have the following packages installed on my AIX server xlC.aix50.rte 10.1.0.2 COMMITTED XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.3 xlC.cpp 9.0.0.0 COMMITTED C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.cpp 9.0.0.0 COMMITTED C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.rte 10.1.0.2 COMMITTED XL C/C++ Runtime xlC.rte... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
4 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)