Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Spliting of two files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Spliting of two files Post 302368934 by Scott on Friday 6th of November 2009 04:22:18 AM
Old 11-06-2009
Code:
/STARTOFREPORT/ { getline PATH; getline FILE; printf "" > PATH "/" FILE; p = 1; next }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting up sentences

hello, i'm looking to split up text into a list of words but can't figure it out, any help would be great. thanks steven (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

spliting variable value

Hi, I am reading two values from oracle to unix variable and spliting them using the read command as follows, get_details=`sqlplus -s $sld_user/$sld_password@$sld_string<<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1 whenever oserror exit 1 set feedback off set heading off set pagesize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsh_kats
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting up a huge file

I have a file {filename} which contains 65000 records I need to split into 6 smaller files roughly 11000 records each. Can someone advise me of the Unix command to do so ? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinder182533
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Spliting files - urgent

Hi Script Masters I have a strange requirement. Please help. I am using C shell. I have a file like the below in sorted order 22 23 25 34 37 45 67 342 456 476 543 677 789 Now I have to split the file in such a way that first 5 of 2 digit number should be saved as aaa.in and the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajee
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

spliting 4gb files to 4*1 gb each

I have log file whose size is 4 GB , i would like to split it to 1 gb each ,Can any one tell me the syntax of csplit comand for that. I am using Sun0S 5.8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk spliting using separator

Hi I have a file which looks like this #HEllo #How.... #version 1.0.1 #Author aaaaa ab.-.1.-.90.-.80.-..-.OK cd.-.8.-.91.-.800.-.xy.-..-. the separator is .-. (dot hyphen dot) I want to display this as columns like ab cd 1 8 90 91 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting the file dynamically

i am creating the file , when this file reaches the size 2 GB, i need one message or fire (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting a file

how would i split the file "file1" into smaller files containg lines of 15 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

spliting up a large file

Dear All, I have a very large file which which i would like split into indvidual frames evrytime the line ends with "ENDMDL" and then name frame1.pdb frame2.pdb etc can any one give me a few sugeestions? ideally i would like to have ENDMDL at the end of each frame or not pressent at all. an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML spliting

hi, Am able to split an XML file by using follwing awk command, awk 'NR==1{x=$0;next}/<\/Order>/{print y RS $0 RS "</Order>">f}/Order BillToKey/{f="file"++n".xml";y=x}{y=y RS $0}' filename.xml but i need to insert a following tag in the begining of every file how to do so. The tag is as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitnix
7 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -ex3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/lib/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. Files longer than 64K bytes won't work. DIFF3(1)