Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP shell script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP shell script Post 302368756 by abhishek_510 on Thursday 5th of November 2009 01:43:24 PM
Old 11-05-2009
COMMON_TOP=$1
export COMMON_TOP

USERNAME=abhishek
TARGET_HOST=ftp123.mysite.com
TARGET_DIR=/smart/d01/.

ERROR_LOG=/tmp/smart_scp_error.log
SMART_MSG=/tmp/smart_msg.txt

EMAIL_LIST="abc@gmail.com, xyz@gmail.com"
FROM=abhishek@mysite.com

if [ -f $ERROR_LOG ]; then
rm $ERROR_LOG
fi

`find $COMMON_TOP/temp/. -name "*_date" ......' here i am facing the problem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using ftp in a shell script.

I am trying to ftp some files from a certain directory, but i got an invalid command. does anybody know why i got this error? ftp -v -i -n <<SCRIPT open servername user username password cd /server/logs for file in MCWAS* do put ${file} /home/test/${file} done bye SCRIPT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caesarkim
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in shell script

Hi, I have to ftp to a remote machine. i have got the Ip, username and password and the file path.. I need to get the file name with out user intervention in my script.. is there any way to do this.. please help esham (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for ftp

Hi ,, I am wrting a shell script to ftp a file from remote server but its giving some problem to me.can you help me in debugging this. #!/usr/bin/ksh HOST="some ip" user="user_name" passwd="password" ftp -n $HOST >>END_SCRIPT USER $user $passwd binary prompt get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP via shell script

Hi, I need to upload a file via ftp. I have given : ftp -n $HOST <<END quote user $USER quote pass $PASSWD prompt off put bus.txt quit END Its throwing a syntax error at "<<" symbol. What should be done for this ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp with shell script

Can I ftp to put file with shell script(as bath file) ? Plz give the simple code to do that. My script look like that #!/bin/sh echo "Start ftp" ftp temphost <<EOF put file quit EOF # end This code ignore username & password but I need to input. How to input username &... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungomarin
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP in shell script

HI ALL i am writing a shell script in which i have to use FTP command like. FTP <ip address> cd xyz mget* bye but i am not able to perform any command from shell script. once the control goes to FTP, i again have to type all the things. i just want my shell script to take care of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell script for FTP

#!/usr/bin/ksh export filename=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT/filelist.txt export SOURCE_DIR=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR1=/dw/input/ATU/ICOM_SERV1 export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR2=/dw/input/AT/ICOM_SERV2 export FILE_MASK="ATRPU_RP_ATU" echo "start" ftp_data_file() { ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP within a SHELL script

I am running the following on linux (on a mac): filename="/Users/thisfilename.txt" hostname="ftp.mysite.com" username="myusername" password="mypassword" echo '=======FTP========' ftp -un $hostname <<EOF quote USER $username quote PASS $password binary put $filename quit EOF I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With FTP Shell Script

So i Administer multiple ftp servers that run on dynamic IP's as well as user and password settings are changed by other people constantly. What i need to do is ensure that an FTP is server is up on the IP i check. As well as the login credentials work. Here is a simple script i wrote. However... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noledge
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP in Shell Script

Dear All, I am using FTP in a script. But when i exit from the FTP session, the commands written after EOF don't get executed. i.e. ftp <<EOF quote $login quote $password cd /tmp mget *somefile* bye EOF echo $some_variable #This last echo command or whatever piece of commands i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salman786
10 Replies
PIUS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PIUS(1)

NAME
pius - PGP Individual UID Signer SYNOPSIS
pius [options] -s <signer-keyid> <keyid> [<keyid> ...] pius [options] -A -r <keyring-path> -s <signer-keyid> DESCRIPTION
pius The PGP Individual UID Signer (PIUS) is a tool for individually signing all of the UIDs on a set of keys and encrypt-emailing each one to it's respective email address. This drastically reduces the time and errors involved in signing keys after a keysigning party. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h or --help show this help message and exit -a or --use-agent Use pgp-agent instead of letting gpg prompt the user or every UID. [default: false] -A or --all-keys Sign all keys on the keyring. Requires -r. -b PATH or --gpg-path=PATH Path to gpg binary. [default: /usr/bin/gpg] -e or --encrypt-outfiles Encrypt output files with respective keys. -d or --debug Enable debugging output. -H HOSTNAME or --mail-host Hostname of SMTP server. [default: localhost] -i or --interactive Use the pexpect module for signing and drop to the gpg shell for entering the passphrase. [default: false] -I or --import Also import the unsigned keys from the keyring into the default keyring. Ignored if -r is not specified, or if it's the same as the default keyring. -m EMAIL or --mail Email the encrypted, signed keys to the respective email addresses. EMAIL is the address to send from. See also -H and -p. -M FILE or --mail-text Use the text in FILE as the body of email when sending out emails instead of the default text. To see the default text use --print- default-email. Requires -m. -n EMAIL or --override-email Rather than send to the user, send to this address. Mostly useful for debugging. -o OUTDIR or --out-dir Directory to put signed keys in. [default: /tmp/pius_out] -O or --no-pgp-mime Do not use PGP/Mime when sending email. -p or --cache-passphrase Cache private key passphrase in memory and provide it to gpg instead of letting gpg prompt the user for every UID. [default: true] -P PORT or --mail-port Port of SMTP server. [default: 25] -r KEYRING or --keyring The keyring to use. Be sure to specify full or relative path. Just a filename will cause GPG to assume relative to ~/.gnupg. [default: ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg] -s SIGNER or --signer The keyid to sign with (required). -S or --mail-tls Use STARTTLS when talking to the SMTP server. -t TMP_DIR or --tmp-dir Directory to put temporary stuff in. [default: /tmp/pius_tmp] -T or --print-default-email Print the default email. -u USER or --mail-user Authenticate to the SMTP server, and use username USER. You will be prompted for the password. Implies -S. -v or --verbose Be more verbose. AUTHOR
PIUS was written by Phil Dibowitz <phil@ipom.com> This manual page was written by Luke Cycon <lcycon@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). MARCH 2010 PIUS(1)