Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about flightgear
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications about flightgear Post 302368589 by aaliya on Thursday 5th of November 2009 06:40:02 AM
Old 11-05-2009
about flightgear

hi, how to read .btg files as its in binary format. I m trying to put X-Plane terrain in FlightGear. X-Plane contains .ter files in Windows and FlightGear contains .stg files in Linux. In X-Plane .dsf is in binary format and in FlightGear its .btg. I converted .dsf files into .txt format for my understanding and now my next aim is to convert .btg into .txt format. I want to knw how to convert the file. Is there any tool for conversion so that i can proceed further.

BINFMT.D(5)							     binfmt.d							       BINFMT.D(5)

NAME
binfmt.d - Configure additional binary formats at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/binfmt.d/*.conf /run/binfmt.d/*.conf /usr/lib/binfmt.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
systemd uses files from the above directories to configure additional binary formats to register during boot in the kernel. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
Each file contains a list of binfmt_misc kernel binary format rules. Consult binfmt_misc.txt[1] for more information on registration of additional binary formats and how to write rules. Empty lines and lines beginning with ; and # are ignored. Note that this means you may not use ; and # as delimiter in binary format rules. Each configuration file is named in the style of <program>.conf. Files in /etc/ overwrite files with the same name in /usr/lib/. Files in /run overwrite files with the same name in /etc/ and /usr/lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /usr/lib/, files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administration, which possibly decides to overwrite the configurations installed from packages. All files are sorted by filename in alphabetical order, regardless in which of the directories they reside, to ensure that a specific configuration file takes precedence over another file with an alphabetically later name. EXAMPLE
Example 1. /etc/binfmt.d/wine.conf example: # Start WINE on Windows executables :DOSWin:M::MZ::/usr/bin/wine: SEE ALSO
systemd(1), wine(8) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. binfmt_misc.txt http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/binfmt_misc.txt systemd 10/07/2013 BINFMT.D(5)