Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logout script - delete a file Post 302368475 by kinny on Thursday 5th of November 2009 01:34:06 AM
Old 11-05-2009
Hi

This should work

find ~ . .name com.apple.sidebarlists.plist .exec rm -f {} \; &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logout/shutdown script

I am running JDictd (http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~duc/Java/JDictd/) from tcsh in Terminal on Mac OS X (:=Darwin=FreeBSD/Mach). I am trying to get it to exit cleanly silently upon Mac OS X system shutdown. My idea was that if there was a logout script in FreeBSD (basically a script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropers
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login and logout script

Hi all I know ho I can run a script when a user logs in, viz using the .login or .profile file, however what can I use to run a script when a user logouts ? Thanks J :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a script on logout by a non-root user

hi , i need to run a script that delete files when i logout as a user other than root user . I have tried out using .bash_logout but that doesnt seem to work , so any alternative for this to be done. Thanks in advance, Harsha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha10
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script at logout

hi all , Need to a run a program on user logout (using GNOME log screen). Tried using .bash_logout for this purpose but that doesnt seem to work. Similar to .bash_logout is there any script /program which a normal user (other than root ) can edit and run it on their logout? can anybody... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logout script common for both Mac and Linux?

hi all , I need to run few commands on user logout. A non-root user should be able to edit that script which runs after logout. I need to make the solution both all Linux versions as well as Mac. Can any body help me in this regard. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Login/Logout script

Dear readers I use SnowLeopard 10.6.2 and need to do some special tasks at login and logout of an sepcific user. My problem is, how do I send a string "login" respectively "logout" from computer "A", where the login/logout script runs, to computer "B" where some other tasks need to be done. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthaler
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script on logout ?

Hi Everybody, I want to run my own script on logout , i can use .bash_logout file... problem is this will work only for that particular user... i want to know the common file... so that script wil run for all the user... 2. How to run script on Shutdown ? Thanks in advance Anitha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anisn2002
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login, excute command, logout Script Help

Good Evening all, After spending the last week or so reading many posts I decided to register and join in. This is my first post on the forum so please forgive me as im new to this, Im after some help in throwing together a quick basic script without using expect to change the password on several... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
4 Replies

10. SCO

Logout automatically when exiting a script

Hi, I am using SCO Unix. I write a script to execute a program by calling exec program The script will check the program is still there or not, if not, then it will exit the script by calling exit So if I press DEL to quit the program, the script will exit, but it will logout... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannychan
6 Replies
PLISTBUDDY(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     PLISTBUDDY(8)

NAME
PlistBuddy -- read and write values to plists SYNOPSIS
PlistBuddy [-cxh] file.plist DESCRIPTION
The PlistBuddy command is used to read and modify values inside of a plist. Unless specified by the -c switch, PlistBuddy runs in interactive mode. The following commands are used to manipulate plist data: Help Prints this information. Exit Exits the program. Changes are not saved to the file. Save Saves the current changes to the file. Revert Reloads the last saved version of the file. Clear type Clears out all existing entries, and creates root of type type. See below for a list of types. Print [entry] Prints value of entry. If an entry is not specified, prints entire file. See below for an explanation of how entry works. Set entry value Sets the value at entry to value. Add entry type [value] Adds entry with type type and optional value value. See below for a list of types. Copy entrySrc entryDst Copies the entrySrc property to entryDst. Delete entry Deletes entry from the plist. Merge file [entry] Adds the contents of plist file to entry. Import entry file Creates or sets entry to the contents of file. Entries consist of property key names delimited by colons. Array items are specified by a zero-based integer index. Examples: :CFBundleShortVersionString :CFBundleDocumentTypes:2:CFBundleTypeExtensions Entries may be of the following types: string array dict bool real integer date data OPTIONS
-c command Execute command and exit. By default, PlistBuddy will run in interactive mode. -x Output will be in the form of an xml plist where appropriate. -h Print the complete help info. EXAMPLES
Set the CFBundleIdentifier property to com.apple.plistbuddy: Set :CFBundleIdentifier com.apple.plistbuddy Add the CFBundleGetInfoString property to the plist: Add :CFBundleGetInfoString string "App version 1.0.1" Add a new item of type dict to the CFBundleDocumentTypes array: Add :CFBundleDocumentTypes: dict Add the new item to the beginning of the array: Add :CFBundleDocumentTypes:0 dict Delete the FIRST item in the array: Delete :CFBundleDocumentTypes:0 dict Delete the ENTIRE CFBundleDocumentTypes array: Delete :CFBundleDocumentTypes EXIT STATUS
PlistBuddy command returns a zero exit status if it succeeds. Non zero is returned in case of failure. Mac OS X February 19, 2007 Mac OS X