Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read the first column in a flat file with ~ as delimiter Post 302368017 by siri_886 on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 03:31:44 AM
Old 11-04-2009
How to read the first column in a flat file with ~ as delimiter

I have one flat file like below

id1~col~batch1
id2~col2~batch2
id3~col3~batch3

I need to read the first column one by one and I need to write one db2 query based on that column1
for (i=0;i<=10;i++)
do
insert into table column (con_id) values (select column from table where id=$i)
done<input_file

Here i should be id1,id2 & id3 etc...
something like this..
Can you please help me in reading the first column of the flat file and how can I use that value in the query.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up column in a flat file

Here is on more go ! Need a shortcut for my problem ! problem is i have a look_update with fixed sequence of column that is : MANDT:SERAIL:SERSCHA:SEREX:EQTYP:BSTVP I will be getting data in a flat file having same number of column but the sequence could be different in each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read lines from a flat file

i have some commands written line by line in one flat file i have to read each linefrom this file(file name passed as parameter) and then i have to execute this How can i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bihani4u
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat File column manipulation

Hi All, I have a tab delimited input file with say 4 fields (columns) as below : 0000443 1AGPR061 2006 Daiml 0002198 1B3XG0K2 1989 Chdds 0002199 1Bd64J0L 1990 Ch34s 0002275 1B3s4J0K 1989 Chadys 0002276 1B465302 2002 Dageml 0002290 1B45430K 1989 Cays I want the 2nd column in file to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read fixed length flat file....

Hi Gurus, Thanks in advance... I am new to writing shell scripting and help me out reading a flat file with fixed length. I have a fixed length flat file with storename(lenth 6) , emailaddress(lenth 15), location(10). There is NO delimiters in that file. Like the following str00001.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willywilly
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert Delimiter at fixed locations in a flat file

Hi Can somebody help me with solution for this PLEASE? I have a flat file and need to insert delimiters at fixed positions in all the lines so that I can easily convert into EXCEL with columns defined as per their width. For Example Here is the file { kkjhdhal sdfewss sdtereetyw... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read a flat file containing XML data

I have a file something like this:aaaa.xml content of the file is 0,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <storeInformation xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <s> <BRANCH_NO>3061</BRANCH_NO> <BRANCH_NAME>GREEN EXPRESS</BRANCH_NAME> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summation of column value in flat file

Hello Guys Please find my below requirement I have a flat file with column headers in first line and data The structure like below col1 col2 col3 A 1 2 B 3 4 C 5 6 Say I have to take the summation of col2 (that will depend on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read flat file upto certain number of columns

Hello Guys Please help me with the below issue I want to read a flat file source upto certain number of columns Say my flat file has 30 columns but I want to read upto 25 columns only How come the above issue can be addressed? Thanks a lot!!!! (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Read array from a flat file

Hello Guru's I want to read an array into a flatfile Please let me know how to do the same So far this the below code use strict; use warnings; open (my $data , '<', $ARGV)|| die "could not open $ARGV:\n$!"; my @array=(<$data>); my @sorted=sort... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from Multiple character delimited flat file

Hello Guys I have a multiple character delimited flat file "|~|". when I tried to read the data the "|" character also coming Example I/P file 9882590|~|20111207|~|K03501000063005574033961|~|K|~| Command to get the second column I used awk -F"|~|" ' {print $2}' ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
ID3(1)							      General Commands Manual							    ID3(1)

NAME
id3 - an ID3 tag editor. SYNOPSIS
id3 [-tTaAycg newdata] file1 [file2 [file3...]] id3 -l file1 [file2 [file3...]] id3 -d file1 [file2 [file3...]] id3 -L DESCRIPTION
id3 is an ID3 v1.1 tag editor. ID3 tags are traditionally put at the end of compressed streamed audio files to denote information about the audio contents. Up to thirty characters of Title, Artist, and Album information can be stored, as well as a 28-character comment, four- digit year, track number up to 255, and an enumerated genre. OPTIONS
-t title Sets the title tag to the first 28 characters of title. -T track Sets the track tag to a number between 0 and 255. -a artist Sets the artist tag to the first 28 characters of artist. -A album Sets the album tag to the first 28 characters of album. -y year Sets the year tag to the first 4 characters of year. -c comment Sets the comment tag to the first 28 characters of comment. -g genre Sets the genre number tag using a genre number or predefined genre label. -l List/view the ID3 tag. -L List all genre tags. -R Use rfc822-style output for tag printout. -d Delete the ID3 tag. BUGS
The ID3 format has some shortcomings. There is a 1 in 16777216 chance of your mp3 having a certain bit-pattern, causing id3 to write over the last 128 bytes of your mp3 upon tag creation. If you add a track number to an ID3 v1.0 tag, the last two characters of the comment string will be truncated. Any bugs found in id3 should be forwarded to the author, Robert Woodcock <rcw@debian.org>. ID3(1)