Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comparing 2 directories
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions comparing 2 directories Post 302367899 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 05:58:45 PM
Old 11-03-2009
https://www.unix.com/homework-coursew...ons-forum.html

read the special rules for homework and repost...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing directories via ftp

Hello! I am trying to compare a list of files in 2 directories - one on our unix server (I'll call it 'ours') and one on a site we ftp to (I'll call it 'ftp'). I need to make sure that after we ftp, the names that we put out there match the names we have on our side. I was thinking to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing the content of two directories

Hello I want to compare the content of two directories recursively to check if the two directories have the same files. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing directories on different unix servers

Is it possible to use the diff command to compare two directories on different Unix (AIX) servers? We have two regions set up and we want to be able to compare if the scripts directory in both regions contain the same files? I want to figure out if its possible.. Have been messing around by... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the modified dates of files in two directories

Hi Is it possible to compare the modified dates of all the files in two directories using shell script? I would like to take a backup of a directory in production server regularly. Instead of copying all the files in the directory, is it possible to list only the files that are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Comparing directories and file from a text file

Hello all, I need to write a script which has following requirement: Need to read the filenames from text file and then search for the above read files in the required directory and if match found backup them in a backup folder. And also need to compare and verify whether the files in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

**URGENT ** : Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi, I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement. There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2 (Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_fawkes
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi, I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement. There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2 (Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_fawkes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 UNIX directories

Hello, I'd want to compare the content of 2 directories in unix. I use the diff command like this: diff /home/user/AAAAA /home/user/BBBBB It works fine, but when a same file is in both directories and they are diferents, I'd want to see only that it is diferent and not all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two directories with diff

Hi all, I have 2 directories on two different servers. I am trying to find out what is missing from directory X and what is missing from directory Y. they should both have the same exact files in them. I understand some files may be missing from both directories on each server. I am not sure... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies
BOOTCD2DISK(1)							   bootcd utils 						    BOOTCD2DISK(1)

NAME
bootcd2disk - copy a system running from bootcd to a disk SYNOPSIS
bootcd2disk [-i] [-s] [-c <config directory>] [-url <url>] DESCRIPTION
With bootcd2disk a CD build with bootcdwrite can be copied to one or more Disk Partitions from the running cd-based system. Therefore bootcd could be used to make rescue disks. It is also possible to let bootcd2disk automatically find a disk, make partitions on it, copy the cd to the disk and make the disk bootable. bootcd2disk will be available as soon as your system is running from cd. OPTIONS
-i With this option the complete bootcd2disk runs in interactive mode and you can run each function manually. This option is useful for debugging. -v The option "-v" (verbose) adds messages on running. -s This option can be used to disable interactive questions and to try to ignore errors. -c <config directory> The configuration directory which normally is "/etc/bootcd" can be changed with this. -url <url> If bootcd2disk is slow on your system (because of a slow CD/DVD drive or the HP ILO virtual CD interface), you can use an image server to get the image from. bootcd2disk use the SWAP partition of your upcoming system as temporary space and copy the image from the con- figured image server to this partition and use it as image. The image server url is configured with this option. example install from imagesserver: bootcd2disk -url http://192.168.1.1/cdimage.iso Another way the increase the performance is the use of the mounted CD/DVD itself for the copy. The option "-url" is the same, the url starts with "file:///" example install from CD/DVD drive sdc0: bootcd2disk -url file:///dev/sdc0 The swap partition of the upcoming system must have enough space to get the whole image! Currently no other options can be specified on command line. All other configuration has to be done in the config files. FILES
/etc/bootcd/bootcd2disk.conf Configuration for bootcd2disk. SEE ALSO
Documentation in bootcd2disk.conf bootcd2disk.conf(5), bootcd(1), bootcdflopcp(1), bootcdwrite(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bernd Schumacher <bernd.schumacher@hp.com> and Carsten Dinkelmann <Carsten.Dinkelmann@foobar-cpa.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). bootcd2disk 2007-04-04 BOOTCD2DISK(1)