Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to verify xdm/gdm or dtlogin is setup to be used by the system Post 302367884 by n_ananthu on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 05:02:58 PM
Old 11-03-2009
Ubuntu Linux

Hi vbe,

Thanks for the reply ......Can you please let me know,how I could verify the same on Linux Ubuntu ....

Once again thanks

Regards
Anantha Subramanian Natarajan

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System wide CDE setup

Does anyone know how to make system wide changes to the CDE's front panel icons? I dont know if it matters but im running Solaris 9. THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyersp
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Setup 2 NIC cards in one UNIX system

Hi; I have a UNIX box (SCO 5.0.2) with two (2) NIC cards. One card (NIC1) talks to a network 57.14.65.x/27. The other card NIC2) talks to users on 57.14.103.x and 57.14.105.x with subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. If I set NIC2 to this subnet mask (255.255.0.0) it seems like the NIC traffic is now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to verify that copied data to remote system is identical with local data.

I have created simple shell script #!/bin/sh echo `date`; echo "Start .... find . -mtime +95 -print > /tmp/files.txt for file in `cat /tmp/files.txt` do echo "copying file - $file" /usr/local/bin/scp -p -P 2222 $file remote.hostname:/file/path echo "copid file -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How To setup a Diskless Swap System.

This is a guide for setting up your computer with a fast swap system using usb memory sticks. A detailed study of the theories behind this setup can be found here. While this How-To does not include the CFLRU replacement algorithm, it does show the performance benefits of using NAND flash memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny_Thumbs
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
0 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Static IP Address setup for vm as well as the host system

Hello, Greetings!! I have a server with 3 TB of disk space and 12 GB RAM and a i7 processor. What I did thus far is to install Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL 5.7)as the host system and install Oracle Virtual box and created 3 VM's. Installed OEL 5.7 on one of the VM, working on installing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What does ?xdm? under the IDLE column mean?

I'd appreciate an explanation of the ?xdm? listing under the IDLE column (see below) after I ran the 'w' command in BASH. I recently used 'umask 0022' but reset it to 'umask 0000' I can't think this would have caused the ?xdm?, but as a total novice, I'd like some help. USER TTY FROM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hal_v_1937
1 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)