Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please review script for search in all files Post 302367508 by Scrutinizer on Monday 2nd of November 2009 11:22:47 PM
Old 11-03-2009
Hi Brandon,

I took a look at your script. IMO it is nicely written, but the actual content strikes me as a bit thin to justify a whole script. By and large, the work involved could be accomplished with the following command:

Code:
grep -H -E '@system|@shell_exec|@include|@shell' /home/*/public_html/* -R | cut -d: -f1

Also I do not get what the @-signs are for. Is that syntax of the files you are checking?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Review the Shell Script

Hi, I want to copy all the log file except current date log from one server to another server. Log File will be like this LOGNIG_08_11_2008*.log For this cd /test/log date -d '1 day ago' "+%d_%m_%Y" -->This command gives previous day scp LOGSNIG_date -d '1 day ago' "+%d_%m_%Y"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasvandana
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please, review script.

Hi guys, I 've been brewing this shellscript, but I can't test it until next tuesday. In the meantime I am too curious wether it will work or not, so I'd like to hear your comments. Background: I want to watch the user quota for mailboxes in various email-domains on a IMAP-server. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: algernonz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Review Check list for Unix Shell Script

Hi, I need Unix Shell Script Review Check list in the format of word or excel. Can any one provide the review checklist for unix shell script. Pls. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praka
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

a shell script for review.

I have written a bit of shell that lets our company check all our SSL certs. the aim is to have a list of servers and run this check from cron once a week. Our managers have decided that we will not run BASH, so it has been written in /bin/sh and only needs openssl, no perl, no bash, no extra... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to search and copy files

Hello Im new to this forums, I would like some help regarding a script that I need in order to copy some files. Heres the scenario: I need to search several files which have a particular code inside, lets say "test" all of them on different directories. I need to copy all of them on a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c.watson
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search and copy files

HI everyone, I been to this site before for help and found my answers on other threads now I am posting my own :). I have a list of file names with out extensions on an txt file. I need a way for the script to search on the server for each file name and copy the files over to a new directory.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergiol
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please review error routines in my ksh script

The script distributes files from an AIX server using iether ftp or sftp depending on the constraint of the destination server. I am interested in having the error checking routine critically reviewed. I will only include an excerpt from the script concerning error trapping: (where $FTP_OUT is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: peleton
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Peer Review File/Folder Script

Hello *nix friends, I've written a shell script that allow web admin's to copy file/folder from a development site to the production site. It's more or less a poor man SVN. I'm posting the script here because I was able to get many questions answered through this forum and also, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwhite35
4 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD