Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3: access existing file gives ENOENT Post 302367301 by ghp on Monday 2nd of November 2009 07:10:54 AM
Old 11-02-2009
AIX 5.3: access existing file gives ENOENT

I ran truss on a running java program, and noticed that the access system call was returning "Err#2 ENOENT" for existing files, files that were succesfully "accessed" earlier in the same program, and later on.

Is there any reasonable explanation for this behaviour?

In the truss output I find: (preceded by line-numbers)
Code:
  +552  access("/softih/fatwire/Shared/elements/Roularta/Query/Template/Sql/2_0.jsp", 04) = 0 
   +563  access("/softih/fatwire/Shared/elements/Roularta/Query/Template/Sql/2_0.jsp", 04) = 0 
   +576  access("/softih/fatwire/Shared/elements/Roularta/Query/Template/Sql/2_0.jsp", 04) = 1 
   +607  access("/softih/fatwire/Shared/elements/Roularta/Query/Template/Sql/2_0.jsp", 04) = 0 
  +1234  access("/softih/fatwire/Shared/elements/Roularta/Query/Template/Sql/2_0.jsp", 04) = 66 
  +1384  access("/softih/fatwire/Shared/elements/Roularta/Query/Template/Sql/2_0.jsp", 04) Err#2  ENOENT 
  +1452  access("/softih/fatwire/Shared/elements/Roularta/Query/Template/Sql/2_0.jsp", 04) = 0

The files are located on:
/dev/lv_soft_IH /softih jfs2 Aug 06 06:37 rw,log=INLINE

Any ideas are very well come,

Gerard

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

folder existing and file existing

I want to look into a folder to see if there are any folders within it. If there are, I need to check inside each folder to see if it contains a .pdf file So If /myserver/myfolder/ contains a folder AND that folder conatins a .pdf file do X Else do Z I may have multiple folders and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

2. AIX

Access windows share from AIX

How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Add existing user into an existing group

Pre: no gpasswd/adduser there is just usermod can be used, also there is no -a option for usermod. How should I add a user into a group? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert pipes for existing and non-existing records

I have a source file like this, L4058S462 34329094 F51010141TK1070000483L4058S462 34329094 0232384840 381892 182 5690 L4058S462 34329094 F51020141FIRST CLEARING, LLC A/C 3432-9094 L4058S462 34329094 F51030141JOHAN HOLMQVIST ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving existing user access on ftp

Hi all, I have a project on going that combines two different departments. I cannot give detais on this project, I´m sure everybody understands that, but I would like your help on giving me pointers on how to give an existing user access to ftp, without the need to give him full access. So here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexis Duarte
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

ENOENT error occurs while issueing execlp command

/************************************************************************ * * TEST NAME: setrlimitd_su.c * * PURPOSE: To verify the soft (rlim_cur) and hard (rlim_max) limit * of process RLIMIT_DATA resources correctly inherited by * the exec() system call. * * RESULT: function call should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

8. AIX

How to integrate AIX Client LPAR to make use of existing MS AD LDAP ?

Hi All, Its regarding the LDAP in AIX. we already have Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP) Server. And would like to integrate My client AIX LPAR to this LDAP server. So' that we can directly use Active directory crdentials to login. (instead of creating USERs on AIX) from my AIX LPAR. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Remote Access

Hello, I'd like to start my question with, is it possible to display the CDE of an AIX device with remote connection from Windows 7? We normally use the Exceed application for this, though I need to connect to the device with VPN connection. With Exceed it goes through TCP, with VPN its UDP,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobee24
2 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
Template::Namespace::Constants(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Template::Namespace::Constants(3pm)

NAME
Template::Namespace::Constants - Compile time constant folding SYNOPSIS
# easy way to define constants use Template; my $tt = Template->new({ CONSTANTS => { pi => 3.14, e => 2.718, }, }); # nitty-gritty, hands-dirty way use Template::Namespace::Constants; my $tt = Template->new({ NAMESPACE => { constants => Template::Namespace::Constants->new({ pi => 3.14, e => 2.718, }, }, }); DESCRIPTION
The "Template::Namespace::Constants" module implements a namespace handler which is plugged into the "Template::Directive" compiler module. This then performs compile time constant folding of variables in a particular namespace. METHODS
new(\%constants) The new() constructor method creates and returns a reference to a new Template::Namespace::Constants object. This creates an internal stash to store the constant variable definitions passed as arguments. my $handler = Template::Namespace::Constants->new({ pi => 3.14, e => 2.718, }); ident(@ident) Method called to resolve a variable identifier into a compiled form. In this case, the method fetches the corresponding constant value from its internal stash and returns it. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Directive perl v5.14.2 2011-12-20 Template::Namespace::Constants(3pm)