Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host Post 302367266 by kanna_geekworkz on Monday 2nd of November 2009 04:39:09 AM
Old 11-02-2009
Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a command similar to scsimgr in HP-UX that
can help me change the algorithm and reserve_policy attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host.

Otherwise I would have to use,

chdev -l hdiskX -a algorithm=round_robin reserve_policy=no_reserve

in a loop to achieve this.

Is there a less time consuming way to do this?

Thanks,
Kanna_GeekWorkz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LUNS in AIX

Hi team, 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file rename (change in filename in unix with single command

Dear All, Please help ! i ham having 300 file with E.G. PMC1_4567.arc in seq. like PMC1_4568.arc,PMC1_4569.arc ...n and so on.. i want all those file to be rename like PMC_4567.arc ,PMC_4568.arc .. mean i want to remove 1 from first file name .. pls help.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moon_22
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

Grow LUN presented on Linux host

Hi, I have a SAN LUN of 550 GB created as an ext3 partition of the entire lun and need to make the lun and partition larger... 600 GB # fdisk -l /dev/sdj Disk /dev/sdj: 590.5 GB, 590558003200 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 71797 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Change the display format for ls -l command in AIX

Hi, I am using AIX 5.3. In my server if I list the file , I got the below result in below format. ********************************************* -rw-rw--w- 1 letapp1 staff 0 Jun 8 02:53 CC00030710.cntrl ********************************************* But now I am seeing... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: puni
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

6. AIX

How change attributes listed in lsnim?

How do I change the attributes in what lsnim lists using nim (without smit) to either clear them, remove them or modify them? nim -o change -a attribute_name=some_value host01 doesn't always work. Are there variations to change different attribute types as well? Cheers, DH (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
3 Replies

7. AIX

StorWize v3700 and Power8 (S822) AIX, configuration best practice for LUNs?

Hello, We have an Power8 System (S822) and a IBM StorWize v3700 SAN. The OS is AIX 7.1. With this hardware from what I read I need to download/install special SDDPCM drivers, so I did (SDDPCM VERSION 2.6.6.0 (devices.sddpcm.71.rte). I carved my volumes in the StorWize and presented to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attributes value substitution with sed command

Hi, I am trying to substitute an attributes value using sed command but it is only possible to substitute the value without space. input xml <BillingAddress11300000 Tag="11300000" SectionID="BLA" CustAddrName="CLAUDIA LUCIA DE ALMEIDA" CustAddrStreet="AV ENGENHEIRO RICHARD" CustAddrState="RJ"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bijayan Sarkar
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Attributes value substitution with sed command

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi, I am trying to substitute an attributes value using sed command but it is only possible to substitute the value without space. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: input xml <BillingAddress11300000... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bijayan Sarkar
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Single LUN or multiple smaller LUNs for NFS sharing

We are using Solaris 11 Logical Domains. We NFS share a disk backup area from one LDom to other servers. The share is on a single 1.5 Tb LUN presented to the Control Domain, and as a virtual disk on the NFS server LDom. A 1.5 Tb zpool has been created on the LDom. We now need to provide more disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
2 Replies
crypt_unix(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					     crypt_unix(5)

NAME
crypt_unix - traditional UNIX crypt algorithm DESCRIPTION
The crypt_unix algorithm is the traditional UNIX crypt algorithm. It is not considered sufficiently secure for current systems and is pro- vided for backwards compatibility. The crypt_sunmd5(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), or crypt_bsdbf(5) algorithm should be used instead. The algorithm identifier for policy.conf(4) is __unix__. There is no entry in crypt.conf(4) for this algorithm. The crypt_unix algorithm is internal to libc and provides the string encoding function used by crypt(3C) when the first character of the salt is not a "$". This algorithm is based on a one-way encryption algorithm with variations intended (among other things) to frustrate use of hardware imple- mentations of a key search. Only the first eight characters of the key passed to crypt() are used with this algorithm; the rest are silently ignored. The salt is a two-character string chosen from the set [a-zA-Z0-9./]. This string is used to perturb the hashing algo- rithm in one of 4096 different ways. The maximum password length for crypt_unix is 8 characters. USAGE
The return value of the crypt_unix algorithm might not be portable among standard-conforming systems. See standards(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), crypt(3C), crypt_genhash_impl(3C), crypt_gensalt(3C), crypt_gensalt_impl(3C), getpassphrase(3C), crypt.conf(4), passwd(4), pol- icy.conf(4), attributes(5), crypt_bsdbf(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), crypt_sunmd5(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Aug 2003 crypt_unix(5)