Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 42 UDP internet connections
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions 42 UDP internet connections Post 302367094 by YourDestinity on Sunday 1st of November 2009 08:30:37 AM
Old 11-01-2009
Network 42 UDP internet connections

First I had a problem: My internet was slow, now I know why, I have opened 42 connections to internet.
What can I do?

Thanks,

YourDestinity

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

udp help?

hi all, newbie here, i'm working on mac os x and i'm trying to stream some info using udp from the terminal to another app that listens for osc messages on the same machine. but the man page on udp is pretty cryptic. my question is whether anyone has a recommendation for a good tutorial covering... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohhmyhead
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

UDP sockets

hi... i have made this client server prog with UDP sockets but im not getting the output. the client sends the message but the server just keeps on waiting. Im running the prog an a solaris 10 box... server: main() { int sd; struct sockaddr_in server; char buf; int rc,len; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strider
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

combining two internet connections

hey guys Do you guys know of a good way that I can combine and load balance my 2 Internet connections using a Linux or Bsd box? Would LVS be able to do this? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arya6000
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Aggregate two internet connections

Hi I have a question related to load balancing.I have two separate internet connections with 2Mbps speed and i would like to aggregate this two connections intro one connection with 4Mbps.Is it possible to do that, to put a Linux or Unix machine as a gateway?I read some stuff to split the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
3 Replies

5. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

UDP/ tunnel

Hi, I know tcp port tunneling can be done using ssh/putty. how about udp? I have a scenario where a license server handsout licenses to machines in that network ONLY. I have a windows machine in a different subnet and even though the client software can see license server, while using the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UDP

What's the command/options for UDP SOCK (Socket)? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Bonding Internet Connections

I’m familiar with load balancing.. but Is it possible to actually bond multiple DSL lines together? I hear of ways to bond using MLPPP but that requires support from an ISP. Is there a way to actually bond without support from my ISP, or use say a cable modem and a DSL line together for faster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harley313
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to Multiple internet connections manage into a single connection.

Dear all, Hope you are all fine & enjoying your good health. Look at this equation 1+1+1=3 So simple I just want to say that I have three internet connections of 1mb, 1mb & 1mb but I can use only 1mb connection at a time & other two connections are useless for me. But now I want to make all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log of lost internet connections

I am having a big problem with lost internet connections with my DSL. I would like to create a log to be able to show the technician when he comes next week. I would like for it to only log pings that generate 100% packet loss. Thanks.. This script generates all ping attempts including... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
PPPCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 PPPCTL(8)

NAME
pppctl -- PPP control program SYNOPSIS
pppctl [-v] [-t n] [-p passwd] [host:]Port | LocalSocket [command[;command]...] DESCRIPTION
This utility provides command line control of the ppp(8) daemon. Its primary use is to facilitate simple scripts that control a running dae- mon. The pppctl utility is passed at least one argument, specifying the socket on which ppp is listening. Refer to the 'set server' command of ppp for details. If the socket contains a leading '/', it is taken as an AF_LOCAL socket. If it contains a colon, it is treated as a host:port pair, otherwise it is treated as a TCP port specification on the local machine (127.0.0.1). Both the host and port may be speci- fied numerically if you wish to avoid a DNS lookup or do not have an entry for the given port in /etc/services. All remaining arguments are concatenated to form the command(s) that will be sent to the ppp daemon. If any semi-colon characters are found, they are treated as command delimiters, allowing more than one command in a given 'session'. For example: pppctl 3000 set timeout 300; show timeout Do not forget to escape or quote the ';' as it is a special character for most shells. If no command arguments are given, pppctl enters interactive mode, where commands are read from standard input. When reading commands, the editline(3) library is used, allowing command-line editing (with editrc(5) defining editing behaviour). The history size defaults to 20 lines. The following command line options are available: -v Display all data sent to and received from the ppp daemon. Normally, pppctl displays only non-prompt lines received. This option is ignored in interactive mode. -t n Use a timeout of n instead of the default 2 seconds when connecting. This may be required if you wish to control a daemon over a slow (or even a dialup) link. -p passwd Specify the password required by the ppp daemon. If this switch is not used, pppctl will prompt for a password once it has success- fully connected to ppp. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables are understood by pppctl when in interactive mode: EL_SIZE The number of history lines. The default is 20. EL_EDITOR The edit mode. Only values of "emacs" and "vi" are accepted. Other values are silently ignored. This environment variable will override the bind -v and bind -e commands in ~/.editrc. EXAMPLES
If you run ppp in -auto mode, pppctl can be used to automate many frequent tasks (you can actually control ppp in any mode except interactive mode). Use of the -p option is discouraged (even in scripts that are not readable by others) as a ps(1) listing may reveal your secret. The best way to allow easy, secure pppctl access is to create a local server socket in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf (in the correct section) like this: set server /var/run/internet "" 0177 This will instruct ppp to create a local domain socket, with srw------- permissions and no password, allowing access only to the user that invoked ppp. Refer to the ppp(8) man page for further details. You can now create some easy-access scripts. To connect to the internet: #! /bin/sh test $# -eq 0 && time=300 || time=$1 exec pppctl /var/run/internet set timeout $time; dial To disconnect: #! /bin/sh exec pppctl /var/run/internet set timeout 300; close To check if the line is up: #! /bin/sh pppctl -p '' -v /var/run/internet quit | grep ^PPP >/dev/null if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then echo Link is up else echo Link is down fi You can even make a generic script: #! /bin/sh exec pppctl /var/run/internet "$@" You could also use pppctl to control when dial-on-demand works. Suppose you want ppp to run all the time, but you want to prevent dial-out between 8pm and 8am each day. However, any connections active at 8pm should continue to remain active until they are closed or naturally time out. A cron(8) entry for 8pm which runs pppctl /var/run/internet set filter dial 0 deny 0 0 will block all further dial requests, and the corresponding 8am entry pppctl /var/run/internet set filter dial -1 will allow them again. SEE ALSO
ps(1), editline(3), editrc(5), services(5), ppp(8) HISTORY
The pppctl utility first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.5. BSD
June 26, 1997 BSD