Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Improve my shell by adding hierarchical directories. Post 302367035 by evantheking on Saturday 31st of October 2009 03:14:53 PM
Old 10-31-2009
this is the shell

Last edited by evantheking; 10-31-2009 at 09:17 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding -options to shell scripts

I'm sure this is something simple I am overlooking somehow. I'd like the ability to pass -options into my shell scripts. For example my file called "input.sh" I can do the following: root# ./input.sh 1 and it will result: root#./input.sh 1 You passed me a 1 Just like an init script, etc.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding options to a shell script

I want to add options to my shell script but having problems, my code so far is; #!/bin/bash lflag= iflag= while getopts 'l:i:' OPTION do case $OPTION in l) lflag=1 lval="$OPTARG" ;;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script displaying Directories

I am new to shell programming and have an assignment question which requires me to list the contents of the present working directory in 4 column format and highlight any subdirectories. It then requires me to develop the shell script to accept a directory name as a positional parameter (if no... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjnd1988
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve the performance of a shell script

Hi Friends, I wrote the below shell script to generate a report on alert messages recieved on a day. But i for processing around 4500 lines (alerts) the script is taking aorund 30 minutes to process. Please help me to make it faster and improve the performace of the script. i would be very... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically adding values in c-shell

I am needing to create a variable(changing) and assign it a value(changing) ... I am using C-Shell.. Example: foreach account in ($Accountlist) set account_connect = "$account/$account_pass" end I want to make set account_connect to store various values ? $account_connect did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming directories with shell script

Hi All after looking around the website and various other resources I become stuck. I'm trying to rename directories from Firstname Initial Lastname to lastname,_firstname_initial so far ive got for f in {./} do rename -n 'y/A-Z/a-z/' * rename -n 's/\ /_/g' * ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harlequin
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[please] improve my shell/SQL*Plus script

Hi We generate with PL/SQL *.csv files, archive them and mail to the customer. Here is my script (Solaris 10, ksh): #!/bin/ksh # Unix Shell Script Structure for PL/SQL queries with SQL*Plus . ~/.profile scriptdir=/opt/ora/scripts queryname1=example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Hierarchical line

Hi, I have one Hierarchical text file. Content shown below 01|abcd|vbgh 02|test1|test2|testx 02|test23|test343|ddfd45 03|7676|8787|8989 01|bcdf|hjc 02|testds|sddsf|sdfdsf 03|sdfsd|sdfsdf|sfsd 03|ssdfdsf|sdsdfsdfds|sdfsf 02|sdfdf|sddsfs|sdfsdf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Adding Directories to PATH in HP-UX with csh

HI Guys, I am truing to add some directories to the productive HP-UX (like /usr/sbin) the problem is that i tried some methods like (export) and setenv but i failed. I add some logs output of the commands to provide you with more info . the user which I am trying to add this path is different... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barry1946
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Two Array in shell script

Hi Experts, I've got this problem where I need to add two array in shell script such that that is an element is greater than 9 then it get further split into individual digit, something like below : Input :- array1=(2 6 8 9 10 12) array2=(5 4 6 8 12 14) Output :- array3=(7 1 0 1 4 1 7 2 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies
REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)

NAME
reporter-upload - Uploads compressed tarball of problem directory. SYNOPSIS
reporter-upload [-c CONFFILE]... [-d DIR] [-u URL] DESCRIPTION
The tool is used to create a compressed tarball of the problem directory and upload it to a URL. Supported protocols include FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP and FILE. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. Integration with ABRT events reporter-upload can be used as a reporter, to allow users to upload compressed tarballs of problem directories to a configured URL. This usage can be configured in /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: EVENT=report_Upload reporter-upload It can be also used on the post-create event to upload it automatically. EVENT=post-create reporter-upload OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. -u URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. URL should have form protocol://[user[:pass]@]host/dir/[file.tar.gz] where protocol can be http(s), ftp, scp, or file. File protocol can't have user and host parts: file.tar.gz[1]. If URL ends with a slash, the archive name will be generated and appended to URL; otherwise, URL will be used as full file name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Upload_URL The URL where should be the tarball uploaded. AUTHORS
o ABRT team NOTES
1. file.tar.gz file:///dir/ LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)