Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rhel installation
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat rhel installation Post 302367005 by fpmurphy on Saturday 31st of October 2009 09:24:57 AM
Old 10-31-2009
See Red Hat Network for more information

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RHEL 5 installation problem

Hi everyone, I m new here and I have few questions regarding RHEL installation. The story goes like this... I have a PC with the following specifications: 1. ASUS P5N-MX motherboard with on-board GForce 7050/nforce 610i chipset 2. Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor 3. Two SATA HDD(250GB + 160GB)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: willa
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHEL Installation issue.

Hi Gurus I am trying to install RHEL linux enterprise Edition v5 on a Dell Optiplex 320 desktop. After the Grub menu,i get the error,Kernel could not be loaded. I am a newbie in linux and would appreciate any help in moving forward. Thanks HG (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL installation on HP NetServer LH6000

Dear experts, Can any one suggest, whether RHEL is supported in HP NetServer LH6000 U3 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rhel installation

just confused.im about to install red hat now however in partition, do I need to put /swap on Mount point? pls advise as Im confused (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

5. AIX

RHEL Installation using NIM

We are primarily a AIX shop and we will be building our first Linux server on Intel server. I would like to know if someone has experience installing RHEL using NIM running on AIX. I would like to know if this is possible. If yes, how will the network boot and NFS work without using 3 rd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

OpenSUSE installation using RHEL / CentOS Kickstart

Hi guys I have CentOS installed on my server. I have also installed TFTP server, DHCP server. I am able to install CentOS on remote machines using PXE boot and kickstart cfg file. I would like to install OpenSUSE using CentOS kickstart file. How do I do it ? I am also fine with any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msohail
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installation RHEL in External hard disk.

Hi all. Can i install RHEl5 in a external hard disk, work on lenovo T60 laptop. Plz reply me. Tell me the process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagaraju.kappal
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installation of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1

i run Health Check/Validation for "Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (12.1.1) Preinstall (Linux x86 and x86_64)" im getting following errors : 1.Some of the required software tools for the the application tier of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (12.1.1) installation were not found. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Vulnerability with ssh in OpenSSH in an RHEL installation

There was a security analysis run on one server which has RHEL 5.8 installed and it is showing security vulnerabilities with respect to ssh in OpenSSH with reference no CVE-2007-4752. The vulnerability solution in the security report is showing solution as below: 1) Download and apply the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

10. Linux

Installation issue RHEL 6.5 on SAN

HI All I am facing issue in installation of Red Hat 6.5 on SAN.. i am having a partion of 2 TB in my SAN and i am installing the operating system after completed the installation it not booting and giving the error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
2 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. It is designed to be used in a non- interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in RHN Satellite, Red Hat Network Classic --username The username to register the system with under RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an existing RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" Register a new system to Red Hat Network Classic with contact info: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)