Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat GUI help requir Every folder open in new Window.. Post 302366713 by ashokkumar.p on Friday 30th of October 2009 06:45:19 AM
Old 10-30-2009
Bug

Hi,

Open a folder follow this
click on Edit -> Preferences -> click on the tab behaviour -> keep check mark at allways open in browser window. Then folders will open in one window...

regards,
Ashok.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI window

Heres my script. How do I put a picture in it?#util to show picture in window #version 1.0 #-colinok #make window with box for picture use Tk; my $mw = new MainWindow; $scrollbar = $mw -> Scrollbar(); $text = $mw -> Text(-height => 20, -width => 50, -yscrollcommand => ); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Emacs GUI window, help.

I'm using xming and enabled x11 tunneling. But when I try to use emacs to get the GUI window. I do get the window, but no fonts, can't click on buttons like file, edit....and when I type anything I just get the black rectangles. I get error msg in terminal.... "Warning: Cannot convert string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Open New Window

I'd like to be able to run a java program that utilizes the Swing libraries from an X Terminal interface to our UNIX box at work. At the command-line, if I type java SomeProgram where SomeProgram creates a JFrame, it causes havoc with any open xterm. All xterm windows lose their borders, title... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwboy74
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl window.open without blocker

Hi Everyone, We know that when we open a popup window, if my IE, Yahoo tool bar enable the popup-blocker, then my window will be blocked. like my code. print <<EOD; <script language=JavaScript> var s = new String(window.location.href); if (s.match(/Start/)){ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

5. Programming

Open source my WGI, a GUI lib based entirely OIOIC

What WGI? WGI is doing what MFC has done, to encapsulate API, BUT WGI uses OIOIC, instead of C++. to download WGI 1.0.2 source code: Downloads - oic-wgi - Project Hosting on Google Code node WDialog ---> corresponding MFC's CDialog node WMenu ---> corresponding MFC's CMenu node WButton... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pervise.zhao
0 Replies

6. Linux

Opening a GUI from a putty window on Linux

Hi, I have a linux which I am accessing using putty.I have written some code in TCL-Tk & developed a GUI based app.I knew that it is difficult to open a GUI based app. from putty,but there must be some way to do that. If anybody knows any such workarounds kindly let me know. Shell I am using is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open a finder window in a particular view ??

In OSX, I have created some custom... well.. I guess you'd call them Macros?? within the .profile file. Some of these "Macros" are to open specific directories in a Finder window. Does anyone know what commands need to be used to have these folders open in LIST view, and maybe even be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RiDE
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open a 7z multi volume archive from gui

Does anyone know of a way to open a 7z multi volume archive from the gui? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dtterm to list a folder contents in new window

Hi everyone,:cool: thank you in advance for any help on this I have a dtterm command to open a new small terminal window with a contents of log, and it works fine. dtterm -title "my.log" -geometry =40x30+0+550 -fn 6x13 -e tail -n 40 -f /home/logs/user.log & However what I want to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfcents
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

can i send shell commands to a open window

i want to write a script that automatically fills in a form and pushes a few buttons. can i do that with bash or something similar? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magiling
1 Replies
xudced(1)						      General Commands Manual							 xudced(1)

NAME
xudced - user-defined character editor SYNOPSIS
xudced [udc_file [WIDTHxHEIGHT]] DESCRIPTION
xudced is an editor that creates, modifies, and deletes user-defined characters (UDC). It uses bitmap(1) to edit UDC character patterns. Character patterns from existing HP Asian fonts can be modified to create UDCs. xudced runs on the X Window System, Version 11. If udc_file is not specified, the file $HOME/.nlio_udc is read. WIDTHxHEIGHT sets the size of UDC pattern. This can be specified by the udc_width and the udc_height resources. If it is not specified, 24x24 is used. Menu Functions are selected with pull-down menus. To select a function, move the mouse pointer to the menu header. Press and hold the left mouse button. A pull-down menu appears. Drag the mouse pointer down to the desired function and release the mouse button. Functions with the ... suffix invoke a pop-up box that requests further information. The following functions are available: File Open ... Open a file for editing. A pop-up box appears. Enter the file name and the size of the UDC and click OK to display the file. Click Cancel to abort the function. Open font ... Open an HP font and display its contents in another window. A pop-up box appears. Enter the HP font name and click OK to display the font. Click Cancel to abort the function. Save Save UDCs to the file. They are sorted by index number according to the udc(4) format. Exit Exit xudced. If the UDCs have been changed since the last Save, a pop-up box appears. Click yes to save the UDCs before exiting. Click no to exit without saving. Click cancel to abort the function. Edit To edit a particular UDC, move the mouse pointer to the UDC, click the left mouse button, and select an Edit function. These functions can be selected from the Edit menu header, or by clicking and dragging the right mouse button while in the edit window. Cut Remove the selected UDC and store it in the Cut&Paste buffer. Copy Copy the selected UDC to the Cut&Paste buffer. Paste Insert the contents of the Cut&Paste buffer. Delete Remove the selected UDC. Search ... Search a UDC. A pop-up box appears. Enter the index number of the UDC and click OK to search the UDC. Click Cancel to abort the function. Modify pattern ... Invoke bitmap(1) to modify the character pattern of the selected UDC. View Code ... Display the index code and the character pattern for all UDCs in the file. A new window appears that dis- plays the index codes and the character patterns. Click Close to close the window. Cut buffer ... Display the contents of Cut&Paste buffer. A new window appears. Click Close to close the window. Cut&Paste Buffer The contents of the Cut&Paste buffer is shared among windows. Therefore, the Cut, Copy, and Paste functions can be used to move character patterns between windows. X Defaults xudced uses the following resources: background background color. foreground foreground color. font text font. udc_width default width of UDC. udc_height default height of UDC. REMARKS
In Japanese environment, two main windows are invoked. One is for the udc of JIS X 0208 font, and the other is for the udc of JIS X 0212 font. SEE ALSO
bitmap(1), udcc(1), udcload(1), udc(4). xudced(1)