Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling two procedures from one ksh ??? Post 302366496 by adderek on Thursday 29th of October 2009 04:55:22 PM
Old 10-29-2009
I'm assuming that you are using sqlplus... You have not specified any details.

Check the sqlplus manual... Since it is very limited, you would need to parse its output.
I would guess that PL/SQL might be the right choice... but you need to check it.

In a brief: According to POSIX application should return ($?) a value of 0 if it was finished with a success. SQLPLUS can perform multiple operations and you won't get the result from a single operation. You might want to try perl or python or java.

General idea: Korn shell should be used for simple things (although it can perform complex things either). If you do anything that is complex then you need to use some real programming language (perl, python, java, c++,...).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Calling Oracle Stored Procedures in UNIx(sun solaris)

I have created 3 Procedures all similar to this one: I then created 3 shell sripts which will call the sql? finally created a calling script to call the procedure. I am a bit unsure how to this all works, can someone check my code and I am doing this right? Also could I add my procedure (first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etravels
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a PL/SQL stored procedure from KSH

Hi I have a stored procedure which should be called from KSH. Could ayone please help me with this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlAhEr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a ksh script present in different unix box

Hi , I have a shell script which does some calling of procedures once all the procedures are called I need to start another ksh script which is present on a different unix box How can this be done ? Do I need to open a telnet session to connect to that box in my first script and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navatha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling csh script from ksh shell

hi, I have a csh script, which has setenv X xyz etc My shell is korn Is there some way I can "source" this to have the variables in my current korn shell? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get return value from PERL script calling from KSH

All: I am calling a PERL script from KSH. I need specific codes to be returned by the PERL Script. For ex: Ksh ----- result=`test.pl $FILE` My idea is to get the value of result from the test.pl, by specifically making the test.pl to print the return code. Since I had some other print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ucbus
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling jar file from ksh

Hi, I have a below command in ksh .... $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -cp "/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/lib:/usr/java/javajar/common/sched.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14_g.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar" com.abrt.smart.Smart I want to know where the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRKS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Function in KSH

I have a script with 2 functions 1) show_menu 2) create Ths show_menu function works fine....... Sort of.... When I select option 2 of the menu the code does a few commands and then calls another function called create. It's at this point that I get "create: not found"..... However,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxman
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling commands with ksh

Hi, I am not able to run below command on linux, it however works on solaris. If anyone knows the reason and a solution for it can you please let me know ? Linux ----- $> ksh 'echo hi' ksh: echo hi: No such file or directory $> which ksh /usr/bin/ksh Solaris ------ $> ksh 'echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle stored procedure from ksh script

Friends, I'm newbie with ksh so wanting some help.... 1. I'm trying to call oracle stored procedure from ksh script by taking variable value from runtime, feed into script and execute procedure. 2. Put name1 and name2 value from script run replacing $3 & $4 I'm trying to put name1 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Calling subscript with sh vs. ksh

I ran into an issue today that I was able to resolve, but I don't quite understand why the resolution worked. I'm wondering if anyone can help me make sense of it. I have a "kicker" script that calls 4 subscripts on a RHEL 6.9 server. It calls the scripts in sequence checking for a 0 exit code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: derndingle
5 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr [-a | --all | attr...] [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] [-a | --all | attr...] < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
-a, --all List all attributes that are associated with the specified paths. If this option is used, then unspecified attributes will not be included in the output. --cached Consider .gitattributes in the index only, ignoring the working tree. --stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z Only meaningful with --stdin; paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If none of --stdin, --all, or -- is used, the first argument will be treated as an attribute and the rest of the arguments as pathnames. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified o Listing a single attribute: $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java o Listing multiple attributes for a file: $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing all attributes for a file: $ git check-attr --all -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing an attribute for multiple files: $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified o Not all values are equally unambiguous: $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)