Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print variable value using file. Post 302366384 by bhavesh.sapra on Thursday 29th of October 2009 10:51:49 AM
Old 10-29-2009
No, i haven't defined variable in CGI script, i am using perl and executing script in Linux.
i want to print variable which i have defined at command line using CGI script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the name of variable

How can I pass the name of the variable inside a for statment I have a script something like below: classA=12 classB=14 classC=16 # classD = 20 all_class="classA classB classC" for i in $all_class do echo $i = $($i) #<---- this one not work #echo $i = $(echo $i) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sun-guy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in file using awk

hi, i have store variable in $var i want to print it in $3 of file using awk. how can i do it? file : var1,var2,var3 var5,var6,var7 var8,var9,var10 . . . i want to print $var in $3 ( for example var3 or var7 or var10) thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print redirection to variable file name

Hello, i need to redirect the output of print to a variable file name: #This is normal awk '{ print $17 > "output.txt" }' input #I need something like this awk '{ print $17 > "output_${25}.txt" }' input how to format the output file name to contain a variable? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeeb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print arguments with the help of variable

Let's say I want to print the arguments $4 till $#, how can I do this? $# contains the number of arguments $@ contain all the arguments as string What i need is something like for i in $4_till_$#; do #do something with $i convert $i ~/$output done The first 3 arguments are used as options... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable

I have list of files: ls a.pdf b.pdf c.pdf and so on... and I have a file like this: cat file1 apple mango pear and so on... I want to rename my file like this: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print using a variable

hey, just want to ask how to do this. ex. g="hi i am john" h=`echo $g | awk '{print $2}'` echo $h OUTPUT is 'i' What if I want to use a variable instead of using '2', how do I do that? Because this one does not work: a=2 h=`echo $g | awk '{print ${$a}}'` this one also does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable then fields in variable

i have this variable: varT="1--2--3--5" i want to use awk to print field 3 from this variable. i dont want to do the "echo $varT". but here's my awk code: awk -v valA="$varT" "BEGIN {print valA}" this prints the entire line. i feel like i'm so close to getting what i want. i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print value for a $variable inside a $variable or file

Hi guys, I have a file "abc.dat" in below format: FILE_PATH||||$F_PATH TABLE_LIST||||a|b|c SYST_NM||||${SRC_SYST} Now I am trying to read the above file and want to print the value for above dollar variables F_PATH and SRC_SYST. The problem is it's reading the dollar variables as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcabc1103
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup stored variable in file and print matching line

The bash bash below extracts the oldest folder from a directory and stores it in filename That result will match a line in bold in input. In the matching line there is an_xxx digit in italics that (once the leading zero is removed) will match a line in link. That is the lint to print in output.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents of file when the file path is in a variable?

The file f1 contains the text "body" (shell prompt is "$"): $ cat ~/path/f1 body How to print contents of f1 when the f1 path is in a variable? Here is my failed attempt: $ f1="~/path/f1" $ echo $f1 ~/path/f1 $ cat $f1 cat: '~/path/f1': No such file or directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
2 Replies
CGI::Emulate::PSGI(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   CGI::Emulate::PSGI(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Emulate::PSGI - PSGI adapter for CGI SYNOPSIS
my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler(sub { # Existing CGI code }); DESCRIPTION
This module allows an application designed for the CGI environment to run in a PSGI environment, and thus on any of the backends that PSGI supports. It works by translating the environment provided by the PSGI specification to one expected by the CGI specification. Likewise, it captures output as it would be prepared for the CGI standard, and translates it to the format expected for the PSGI standard using CGI::Parse::PSGI module. CGI.pm If your application uses CGI, be sure to cleanup the global variables in the handler loop yourself, so: my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler(sub { use CGI; CGI::initialize_globals(); my $q = CGI->new; # ... }); Otherwise previous request variables will be reused in the new requests. Alternatively, you can install and use CGI::Compile from CPAN and compiles your existing CGI scripts into a sub that is perfectly ready to be converted to PSGI application using this module. my $sub = CGI::Compile->compile("/path/to/script.cgi"); my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler($sub); This will take care of assigning an unique namespace for each script etc. See CGI::Compile for details. You can also consider using CGI::PSGI but that would require you to slightly change your code from: my $q = CGI->new; # ... print $q->header, $output; into: use CGI::PSGI; my $app = sub { my $env = shift; my $q = CGI::PSGI->new($env); # ... return [ $q->psgi_header, [ $output ] ]; }; See CGI::PSGI for details. METHODS
handler my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler($code); Creates a PSGI application code reference out of CGI code reference. emulate_environment my %env = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->emulate_environment($env); Creates an environment hash out of PSGI environment hash. If your code or framework just needs an environment variable emulation, use this method like: local %ENV = (%ENV, CGI::Emulate::PSGI->emulate_environment($env)); # run your application If you use "handler" method to create a PSGI environment hash, this is automatically called in the created application. AUTHOR
Tokuhiro Matsuno <tokuhirom@cpan.org> Tatsuhiko Miyagawa COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 by tokuhirom. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
PSGI CGI::Compile CGI::PSGI Plack CGI::Parse::PSGI perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 CGI::Emulate::PSGI(3pm)