Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern matching
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Pattern matching Post 302366221 by vbe on Thursday 29th of October 2009 05:29:34 AM
Old 10-29-2009
For a start, remove the spaces in brakets:
Code:
ant:/home/vbe $ grep ^[^ # \/* \//] greptest
grep: [] imbalance.
ant:/home/vbe $ more greptest
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How do you locate 
all 
nonblank lines that don't begin with #, /*, or //
#  1
/* 2
// 3
Ha *
plpl *
*  a
/  b
/# c
ant:/home/vbe $ grep ^[^#\/*\//] greptest
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How do you locate all 
nonblank lines that don't begin with #, /*, or //
Ha *
plpl *

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern Matching

Hi Folks, I have the following requirement: I have a file that is containing numerous queries. The tables name mentioned in the queries are in the following format : SchemaName.Tablename. e.g COPDB.TableName. I need to take out all the COPDB.TableName pattern and write it to a different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv_Pat
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching

Hi Folks, I have the following requirement: I have a file that is containing numerous queries. The tables name mentioned in the queries are in the following format : SchemaName.Tablename. e.g COPDB.TableName. I need to take out all the COPDB.TableName pattern and write it to a different... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv_Pat
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - matching pattern one but not pattern two

All, I have the following file: -------------------------------------- # # /etc/pam.d/common-password - password-related modules common to all services # # This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files, # and should contain a list of modules that define the services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertBerrie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find pattern suffix matching pattern

Hi, I am trying to get a result out of this but fails please help. Have two files /tmp/1 & /tmp/hosts. /tmp/1 IP=123.456.789.01 WAS_HOSTNAME=abcdefgh.was.tb.dsdc /tmp/hosts 123.456.789.01 I want this result in /tmp/hosts if hostname is already there dont want duplicate entry. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP - Regex for matching string containing pattern but without pattern itself

The sample file: dept1: user1,user2,user3 dept2: user4,user5,user6 dept3: user7,user8,user9 I want to match by '/^dept2.*/' but don't want to have substring 'dept2:' in output. How to compose such regex? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies
PCV(1)							       Picviz Documentation							    PCV(1)

NAME
pcv - Picviz console veritable tool SYNOPSIS
pcv -Toutput_plugin [-Rrender_plugin] [options] file.pcv ['filter'] DESCRIPTION
pcv allows to compile PCV files into a plugin choosen format, such as svg, csv, png or other. -Tplugin Replace 'plugin' with a output plugin name. See plugin section -Rplugin Replace 'plugin' with a render plugin name. See plugin section options can be either one or several among: -A argument Provides arguments to the render and output plugin -a Displays all text along with lines -d Activates debug mode -Ln Draw text every n line -l Skip learning mode -o file Output to the given file instead of stdout -p file Use given file to store PID -r...(rrr) Increases image height and width -s socket.name Create the socket.name and listen to it (for real-time capabilities) -t template Use the given template when listening to a socket -Warg Use Picviz with a special keyword. See keywords section The filter parameter is explained in the filter section below. PLUGINS
Plugins are located with ld, search path can be overridden with PICVIZ_PLUGINS_PATH environment variable. Output Output data in the wanted file format. Available plugins are: svg plplot csv sdl pngcairo debug Render Modify data rendering. Available plugins are: heatline: possible arguments (-A): virus debug KEYWORDS
Keywords are special parameters given to picviz to use a library along with parsing and rendering. This is deactivated by default because it makes the program slow, but it may be very usefull in certain cases. Following keywords are accepted: pcre: activates pcre pattern matching for filtering (pcv -Tsvg -Wpcre file.pcv 'show value = ".*foo.*" on axis 1') FILTER
pcv allows filtering to choose data you want to see displayed. When the pcv language parser is called, a Pcv Image Filter (PIF) is applied. It allows to filter either before any data is calculated (data filter), once calculated and before adding the line to the image (pre line filter) or, once other lines have been added and ask for specific removales (post line filter). Relations Filter relation can be either: = equal != not equal < less than > greater than <= less or equal >= greater or equal Selecting plot value plot: Will select the value, as plotted by the engine. Accepted values can be the y position on the axis or the relative percentage. 'show plot > 100 on axis 3': will display only lines which have their plot on the axis 3 greater than 100 can be called like this: Example: pcv -Tsvg file.pcv 'show plot > 100 on axis 3' By default, the image height is 500 pixels, so this filter is equivalent than > 100: 'show plot > 20% on axis 3'. It is possible to filter using multi-criterion values: 'show plot > 20% on axis 3 and plot < 42 on axis 5' Pattern matching Values can be selected, either with their original text string, or by using pattern matching. By default, pattern matching is not activated. Pattern matching activated is done with -Wpcre argument. To filter values with [0-9][aA].*, you can type: pcv -Tsvg file.pcv -Wpcre 'show value = "[0-9][aA].*" on axis 1'. Note that with string comparisons (with value), only the equal (=) relation is accepted. EXAMPLE
pcv -Tsvg file.pcv pcv -Tpngcairo file.pcv -rrrr -a > file.png pcv -Tpngcairo -Rheatline -Avirus file.pcv > file.svg pcv -Tpngcairo -s local.sock -t file.pcv -o file.png '' BUGS
If you are sure you are not dealing with a feature, you can report BUGS using the trac ticketing system available at http://www.wallinfire.net/picviz. AUTHORS
Man page written by Sebastien Tricaud toady gscore org. perl v5.10.0 2008-12-21 PCV(1)