Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the ceiling value for floating numbers? Post 302366182 by ahmad.diab on Thursday 29th of October 2009 04:17:24 AM
Old 10-29-2009
How to get the ceiling value for floating numbers?

Dear guys;

How can I get the ceiling value of any floating number using shell or awk scripts or functions.

Code:
Example:-

old values "7.2" or "7.8" or "7.5" --->>> ceiling  function ---->>> new value "8".

BR

Last edited by ahmad.diab; 10-29-2009 at 08:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with floating point numbers in awk

hi all, i have the following problem using awk in a script i want to read the values from a column with real numbers and calculate the mean.the problem is that when i use a statement such as this num = $4 i cant find a way to convert the variable from string to floating point to perform... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagias
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compare Floating point / real numbers

Hai, Can you please guide me, to compare the floating point numbers. Eg. If then echo "value1 is grater " fi This code is not working properly when i excuted with floating values or real numbers (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: padarthy
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Floating Numbers in String

Dear Unix Gurus, I have a list of files that I want to loop over....for example: sl40_z11.70.txt sl41_z11.40.txt sl42_z11.10.txt sl43_z10.80.txt using the script #!/bin/sh # echo -n "....enter first Z-coordinate position....."; read zpos q="scale=3; $zpos" p=0.3 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract only floating point numbers from HTML

Hi All, I'm trying to extract some floating point numbers from within some HTML code like this: <TR><TD class='awrc'>Parse CPU to Parse Elapsd %:</TD><TD ALIGN='right' class='awrc'> 64.50</TD><TD class='awrc'>% Non-Parse CPU:</TD><TD ALIGN='right' class='awrc'> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point numbers in if

# if > then > echo "1" > else > echo "2" > fi -bash: How can i compare floating point numbers inside statement? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition of floating numbers

Hi, i want to add two decimal values to $ set a= 12.4 $ set b=3.6 $ w=`expr $a - $b` expr: non-numeric argument or is there any other method to do this mathematics operation. i need to use this into my script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
4 Replies

7. Programming

Testing floating point numbers

Hi guys I have problem with my simple calculator, author of my book wrote One way I tried is to test if one the inpur number is grater than zero, and then substatct And my protptype function is #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { float a, b , result; ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add floating point numbers from file

How do I use bash to add all the floating point numbers saved in a file like this? 490.47 244.61 263.07 131.59 246.81 115.20 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Floating Point Numbers in c shell!

I have started using bash but this script which I am working on it, is in c chell. So here is my simple problem: set x = 0.4124\0.234 echo $x 0.4124.0.234 Same operation in Bash gives me correct result in my terminal. So there is something with my c shell that is causing this behaviour.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of floating point numbers in bash

I have the following code snippet in bash if ]; then minm=`echo "$diff" | bc` fi It works well for most of the cases. However lets say diff is -0.17 and minm is -0.0017. In such a case the comparison seems to fail. Is the correct way to compare a mixture of positive and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
12 Replies
pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling(3C)									      pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling(3C)

NAME
pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling, pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling - get or set prioceiling attribute of mutex attribute object SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling(const pthread_mutexattr_t *restrict attr, int *restrict prioceiling); int pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int prioceiling int *oldceiling); The pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling() and pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling() functions, respectively, get and set the priority ceiling attribute of a mutex attribute object pointed to by attr, which was previously created by the pthread_mutexattr_init() function. The prioceiling attribute contains the priority ceiling of initialized mutexes. The values of prioceiling must be within the maximum range of priorities defined by SCHED_FIFO. The prioceiling attribute defines the priority ceiling of initialized mutexes, which is the minimum priority level at which the critical section guarded by the mutex is executed. In order to avoid priority inversion, the priority ceiling of the mutex must be set to a priority higher than or equal to the highest priority of all the threads that may lock that mutex. The values of prioceiling must be within the max- imum range of priorities defined under the SCHED_FIFO scheduling policy. The ceiling value should be drawn from the range of priorities for the SCHED_FIFO policy. When a thread acquires such a mutex, the policy of the thread at mutex acquisition should match that from which the ceiling value was derived (SCHED_FIFO, in this case). If a thread changes its scheduling policy while holding a ceiling mutex, the behavior of pthread_mutex_lock() and pthread_mutex_unlock() on this mutex is undefined. See pthread_mutex_lock(3C). The ceiling value should not be treated as a persistent value resident in a pthread_mutex_t that is valid across upgrades of Solaris. The semantics of the actual ceiling value are determined by the existing priority range for the SCHED_FIFO policy, as returned by the sched_get_priority_min(3RT) and sched_get_priority_max() functions when called on the version of Solaris on which the ceiling value is being utilized. Upon successful completion, the pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling() and pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling() functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling() and pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling() functions will fail if: ENOSYS The _POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_PROTECT option is not defined and the system does not support the function. The pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling() function will fail if: EINVAL The value specified by attr is NULL. The pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling() functions will fail if: EINVAL The value specified by attr is NULL or prioceiling is invalid. The pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling() and pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling() functions may fail if: EINVAL The value specified by attr or prioceiling is invalid. EPERM The caller does not have the privilege to perform the operation. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_cond_init(3C), pthread_create(3C), pthread_mutex_init(3C), pthread_mutex_lock(3C), sched_get_priority_min(3RT), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling(3C)