Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to exit from case statements Post 302366152 by uxpassion on Thursday 29th of October 2009 02:58:08 AM
Old 10-29-2009
Thank you ripat and panyam. It works perfectly fine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statements

i need to use a case statement to do something when the user enters nothing at the prompt. i know about the if statement and that isnt' what i'm interested in using for this. i want to use case. heres the scenerio. a program asks a user for an input. i want to use a case statement to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terrible
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my case statements

Hi there, Im having some problems with this function, I pass two arguments to the function $1 $2 (Arguments are month and date inputted by the user) for some reason the case always fails... however in the cases defined below where it shouldnt fail the result is: if it fails with input... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darklight
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to combine case statements

Hi, I need to change military time to regular time. I know to use case to indicate whether a.m. or p.m. as follows: case "$hour" in 0? | 1 ) echo a.m.;; 1 ) echo p.m.;; * ) echo p.m.;; esac My question is how do I add the hour and minute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karp3158
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit from case - called in a function

Hello Experts, I am building a shell where I need to use case structure. The structure is in a function as in the sample code below: # Shell mySh #!/bin/sh doThis(){ var=$1 case "$var" in IT) echo "ok 1 $var" ;; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with case and exit

Hi all, Am writing a script that uses the case statement and it is not working the way that I expect it to be. Script so far is as below. What am expecting to happen is if the user enter neither Y or YES or N or NO, it is supposed to exit out of the script running only on_exit, otherwise,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Handling return & exit statements

I have 2 shell scripts the primary one would load the other one which will have functions defined in it. Script 1: . /apps/bin/Script 2 function if then continue... .... fi Script 2: function() (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
10 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Case statements and creating a file database

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The assignment is posted below: Maintain automobile records in a database Write a shell script to create,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boltftw
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to case statements from if/elif

Hello, I wrote the case on code but it mistakes. I am not sure. If/elif code: #!/bin/ksh you=$LOGNAME hour=`date | awk '{print substr($4, 1, 2)}'` print "The time is: $(date)" if (( hour > 0 && $hour < 12 )) then print "Good morning, $you!" elif (( hour == 12 )) then (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Masterpoker
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for pattern in variable using case statements

i would like to search a variable for a pattern, without having make any calls to external tools. i have a code like this: COUNTPRO2="gine is very bad vine is pretty good" case "${COUNTPRO2}" in *vine*) factor=${COUNTPRO2} echo $factor ;; esac If the variable contains... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
SPACENAVD(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SPACENAVD(8)

NAME
spacenavd, spnavd_ctl - daemon for 3D-input-devices SYNOPSIS
spacenavd spnavd_ctl DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the spacenavd commands. The spacenav project provides a free, compatible alternative, to the proprietary 3Dconnexion device driver and SDK, for their 3D input devices (called "space navigator", "space pilot", "space traveller", etc). spacenavd, is a free software replacement user-space driver (daemon), for 3Dconnexion's space-something 6dof input devices. It's compatible with the original 3dxsrv proprietary daemon provided by 3Dconnexion, and works perfectly with any program that was written for the 3Dcon- nexion driver. Starting Depending on how your system startup process is set up, it might be the case that the spacenavd daemon starts before the X server (for instance if you don't use a graphical login). In that case the daemon will start properly, but won't connect to the X server until explic- itly told to do so. You can do that by running spnavd_ctl x11 start as root, or by using the graphical spnavcfg program. You don't really want to have to do that all the time though, so it's a better idea to add the aforementioned spnavd_ctl command to either your ~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrd file, or the system-wide /etc/X11/Xsession file. Configuration The spacenavd daemon reads a number of options from the /etc/spnavrc file. If that file doesn't exist, then it uses default values for everything. You may use the graphical spnavcfg program to interactively set any of these options. The daemon should respond immediately to your changes, and also the configuration file should be updated automatically. AUTHOR
spacenavd was written by John Tsiombikas (nuclear@member.fsf.org) This manual page was assembled by M G Berberich <berberic@invalid>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). January 27, 2009 SPACENAVD(8)