Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to deal with this error: floating constant exponent has no digits Post 302366085 by DoxieLvr on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 07:34:01 PM
Old 10-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbug
Thanks

if (strlen(str1) < n1+1en-1 || strlen(str2) < n2+len-1) { // Error ?

}
You typed "1en" (one-e-n) instead of "len" (el-e-n).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Floating point error in C

Hi, see the simple code below double i; i=8080.9940; printf(" val :%.30f\n",i); output i m getting is val :8080.993999999999700000000000000 when i m expecting val :8080.9940 what happens?how can i avoid it? thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

floating point error in linux + C

Here's a program and its pretty simple .It requires file handling and some calculations but on running it I am not getting the required result.It seems that the code outside the file read's outer while loop is not executing e.g the print statement is not being printed.Plz Help! #include<stdio.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: headrush
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL- converting exponent value to floating point

Hi Friends, I've an exponent value like, $val="9.57669e-05"; I want to convert this value to floating point value in PERL scripting. I tried googling for the solution, and also asked many perl friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get answer. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filenames with three digits and add zeros to make five digits

Hello all! I've looked all over the internet and this site and have come up a loss with an easy way to make a bash script to do what I want to do. I have a file with a naming convention as follows: 2012-01-18 string of words here 123.jpg 2012-01-18 string of words here 1234.jpg 2012-01-18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buzzman25
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve awk: line 1: runaway string constant error?

Hi All ! I am just trying to print bash variable in awk statement as string here is my script n=1 for file in `ls *.tk |sort -t"-" -k2n,2`; do ak=`(awk 'FNR=='$n'{print $0}' res.dat)` awk '{print "'$ak'",$0}' OFS="\t" $file n=$((n+1)) unset ak doneI am getting following error awk:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
7 Replies

6. AIX

How to deal with Tar error ?

Hello Folks, while making a tar file, got this error root@clodb:/clodbvg>/opt/freeware/bin/tar cvf - /oradata | gzip > /clodbvg/bkp_30MAY16.tgz /opt/freeware/bin/tar: Removing leading `/' from member names /oradata/ /oradata/JAVA/ /oradata/JAVA/.toc /oradata/JAVA/Java131.rte... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed / awk script to delete the two digits from first 3 digits

Hi All , I am having an input file as stated below 5728 U_TOP_LOGIC/U_CM0P/core/u_cortexm0plus/u_top/u_sys/u_core/r03_q_reg_20_/Q 011 611 U_TOP_LOGIC/U_CM0P/core/u_cortexm0plus/u_top/u_sys/u_core/r04_q_reg_20_/Q 011 3486... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
STRLEN(3P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							STRLEN(3P)

PROLOG
This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual. The Linux implementation of this interface may differ (consult the correspond- ing Linux manual page for details of Linux behavior), or the interface may not be implemented on Linux. NAME
strlen, strnlen -- get length of fixed size string SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> size_t strlen(const char *s); size_t strnlen(const char *s, size_t maxlen); DESCRIPTION
For strlen(): The functionality described on this reference page is aligned with the ISO C standard. Any conflict between the requirements described here and the ISO C standard is unintentional. This volume of POSIX.1-2008 defers to the ISO C standard. The strlen() function shall compute the number of bytes in the string to which s points, not including the terminating NUL character. The strnlen() function shall compute the smaller of the number of bytes in the array to which s points, not including the terminating NUL character, or the value of the maxlen argument. The strnlen() function shall never examine more than maxlen bytes of the array pointed to by s. RETURN VALUE
The strlen() function shall return the length of s; no return value shall be reserved to indicate an error. The strnlen() function shall return an integer containing the smaller of either the length of the string pointed to by s or maxlen. ERRORS
No errors are defined. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
Getting String Lengths The following example sets the maximum length of key and data by using strlen() to get the lengths of those strings. #include <string.h> ... struct element { char *key; char *data; }; ... char *key, *data; int len; *keylength = *datalength = 0; ... if ((len = strlen(key)) > *keylength) *keylength = len; if ((len = strlen(data)) > *datalength) *datalength = len; ... APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
wcslen() The Base Definitions volume of POSIX.1-2008, <string.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2013 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7, Copyright (C) 2013 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. (This is POSIX.1-2008 with the 2013 Technical Corrigendum 1 applied.) In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Stan- dard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.unix.org/online.html . Any typographical or formatting errors that appear in this page are most likely to have been introduced during the conversion of the source files to man page format. To report such errors, see https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/reporting_bugs.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2013 STRLEN(3P)