Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell script query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script query Post 302365921 by mvsramarao on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 11:01:01 AM
Old 10-28-2009
shell script query

hi all

i have a shell script for connecting in sybase env what i need is i have around 10 servers , i need to connect to all servers and retrive the database inforamtion in the servers and display them

any one of u have it request to share it asap !

"QUERY TO Connect to all servers and collect DATABASE information"

---------- Post updated at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:11 PM ----------

hi all below is the script ,just i need a query in this to add ,if any one can please help me in this regard

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#SERVER_TYPE=$1     # rep or sql

SYBASE_VER=`ls -1 $SYBASE | grep ASE- | cut -d"/" -f1`
SYBOCS_VER=`ls -1 $SYBASE | grep OCS- | cut -d"/" -f1`
SYB_OCS=$SYBASE/$SYBOCS_VER
SYB_ASE=$SYBASE/$SYBASE_VER

SYBASE_ASE=$SYBASE_VER; export SYBASE_ASE
SYBASE_OCS=$SYBOCS_VER; export SYBASE_OCS
ISQL_CMD=$SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/bin/isql

COMMAND_TO_RUN=<<PUT YOUR QUERY HERE>>
DATABASE=$3
SERVER=$4

if [ "$DATABASE" != "" ]; then    # database name provided, use it
        DATABASE="use $DATABASE"
fi

if [ "$SERVER" = "" ]; then    # server not provided, use DSQUERY
        SERVER=$DSQUERY
else
        SERVER=`echo $SERVER | tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'`   # server provided, translate to uppercase
fi

## get the password for the server
PW=`/sybase_sa/bin/get_pw $SERVER`

## run the command
$ISQL_CMD -S$SERVER -Usa -w1000 <<EOF
$PW
set nocount on
go
$DATABASE
go
select @@servername, db_name(), convert(varchar,getdate(),109)
go
print ''
go
set nocount off
go
$COMMAND_TO_RUN
go
EOF

exit

Last edited by pludi; 10-28-2009 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script related query

Hi I have an input to a file. I want the script to return it formatted the input is a number, say , 1234567895 and the output should be 21 43 65 87 59 ,ie, the pair of two digits should be reversed. How can I do this using a shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Script query

Hi I need a small help Cshell% more abc.txt ******** Cshell% cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3 *** Cshell%set test3=`cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3` Cshell%echo $test3 a.txt b.txt................. ..... It displays all the file in the current directory. I want *** to be displayed. Can any one of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpupdown
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script query

Hi, I am stuck assigning a value to a variable. I am trying to assign a value to a variable but getting error.... IP_ADDR=grep 'I.P. Address' /install/cfgdist/`uname -n`.cfg | cut -d : -f 2| cut -d . -f 1-3| sed s/" "//g I am using this script to grep first three octets of an IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

query sql using shell script

query sql using shell script, is it possible? my friend told me to do a file.sql and link to my shell script, but can i query sql using shell script? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

Hi Admins, I was trying to list the failed logins as part of my daily checklist. Here is my script for i in `who -s /etc/security/failedlogins|tail -100|grep "$dt"|awk '{print $1" "$6}'` do a=`echo $i|wc -l` if then echo $i else echo "There are no failed logins" fi done but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sql query through shell script

hey , i am using this code to store value of a sql query and and then use it in other query but after some time , but it is not working. please help #!/bin/bash val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF setting heading off select max(stat_id) from cvt_stats; exit EOF ) nohup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

9. Programming

Query result from shell script

Hi, I wrote the below script to get the query result from a Syabase DB. isql -s -U **** -P **** SYBASE SERVERNAME USE ***(Database name in Sybase) @command.sql But im not getting the output. Can anyone help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan G
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to solve query

Hi I have data in the below format in two columns in excel which i will copy to notepad. test as rec1, string test as rec2, byteint test as rec3, string update date as test, datetime name as tes2 string I need to add trim function on all the string columns and keep the remaining... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pisikar
10 Replies
KA-FORWARDER(8) 					       AFS Command Reference						   KA-FORWARDER(8)

NAME
ka-forwarder - Forward AFS Authentication Server requests to another server SYNOPSIS
ka-forwarder [-p <port>] <server>[/<port>] [...] DESCRIPTION
ka-forwarder listens for requests for an AFS Authentication Server and forwards them to a remove fakeka server. fakeka is a server that answers AFS Authentication Server protocol requests using a regular Kerberos KDC and is provided with some Kerberos 5 implementations. fakeka has to run on the same host as the Kerberos KDC, however, and AFS clients send all native AFS authentication requests to the AFS database servers. If you don't want to run your Kerberos KDCs and your AFS database servers on the same host, run ka-forwarder on the AFS database servers and point it to fakeka running on the Kerberos KDCs. ka-forwarder takes one or more servers to which to forward the requests. The default port on the remote server to which to forward the command is 7004, but a different port can be specified by following the server name with a slash ("/") and the port number. If multiple servers are given, ka-forwarder will send queries to each server in turn in a round-robin fashion. CAUTIONS
Due to the way that ka-forwarder distinguishes from client requests and server responses, any messages from one of the servers to which ka- forwarder is forwarding will be considered a reply rather than a command and will not be forwarded. This means that the servers running fakeka will not be able to use native AFS authentication requests and rely on ka-forwarder to send the requests to the right server. ka-forwarder does not background itself. It should either be run in the background via the shell, or run via the Basic OverSeer Server (see bosserver(8)). OPTIONS
-p <port> By default, ka-forwarder listens to the standard AFS Authentication Server port (7004). To listen to a different port, specify it with the -p option. EXAMPLES
Forward AFS Authentication Server requests to the fakeka servers on kdc1.example.com and kdc2.example.com: % ka-forwarder kdc1.example.com kdc2.example.com & Note the "&" to tell the shell to run this command in the background. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
ka-forwarder only has to listen to port 7004 and therefore does not require any special privileges unless a privileged port is specified with the -p option. SEE ALSO
bosserver(8), fakeka(8), kaserver(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Russ Allbery for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KA-FORWARDER(8)