Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris cron / crontab issues - solaris 10 Post 302365762 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 03:11:01 AM
Old 10-28-2009
that's 'ed' you are running there. If you don't much like it (can't say I blame you), try setting the EDITOR environment variable to your favourite editor.

In my case, that would be:
Code:
EDITOR=vi
export EDITOR
crontab -e

---------- Post updated at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:09 PM ----------

Oh and btw, to quit out of ed, the command is 'q' (no ':' symbol in front)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron/crontab not working

Hello All! I'm having problems with cron. First cron is running as a process when i send the top command and I am logged in as root. I type crontab -e to edit/create my cron job. What I'm trying to do is run a perl script on my server (the script does work, i know because I type perl script.pl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezekiel61
2 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

cron and crontab

We have hundreds of threads involving cron and crontab. Rather than creating a post with dozens of links, I thought I'd just write up a tutorial with only a few selected links. The Basics cron is a daemon that runs periodic tasks. crontab is name of textfile that is used to control cron. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from

I have a solaris9 x86 server using ssh as follows: SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. The remote server solaris9 sparc has exactly the same version ssh installed. I am running a script on my server which includes the following command to run a script on the remote server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Cron issues

I am on AS3 Update 4 Linux and am having an issue with an automated ftp script, I tried using the fd/sub proc method and that did not seem to work either. I normally use the following method to perform my ftp's but for some reason it works if I launch the script at the command line but in Cron it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add cron job in /etc/crontab

Hi, How to add a cron job in /etc/crontab using a shell script.??:confused: Actually the requirement is we need to run a script say, XXX.sh every 10 min through “cron”. That can be achieved by adding the below code line in the /etc/crontab , (i.e., “crontab -e ” command to add this to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedeepthi
4 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab job issues with export command

Hi all, I have sevaral jbos with bunch of export commands like export VARIABLE=value. They work perfectly when I run manually but when I try to run from crontab it stops right at this export command. But when I replace these export with these, crontab job works fine. VARIABLE = value;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron security issues?

Does the use of cron (HP-UX 11) present a security risk IF it is only given to accounts which have shell access anyway. If it does present a risk, what is the risk? Can a script (or command) run via cron; run anything, write anywhere or read anywhere that the same user can not do outside of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eileenkeeney
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/cron issues

Hi all, I am trying to run a cronjob to push my files to my git repo once a week and output a prompt to a logfile, my script works fine if I invoke it manually but my cronjob wont run for some reason, I have sourced the file, and restarted my Mac to no avail, right now I believe I have the cronjob... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmenfan83
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Db2 command issues with cron

Hi, I have a very simple script that queries from a DB2 table. The script has 3 parts - (i) Sets the db2profile (ii) connects to db2 using credentials (iii) executes the query.This script works fine if i run it manually from the command prompt. However when scheduled in crontab, it proceeds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeePee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get cron (scripts in crontab) started?

Hi, I have a query related to UNIX Crontab scripts - Issue: Server space on the db server got 100% full as a result of which the cron scripts did not run. The space utilization issue got resolved in the afternoon. The crons scheduled for a time post the resolution caught up. However the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
1 Replies
BF-ANIMATION-EDITOR(1)					      General Commands Manual					    BF-ANIMATION-EDITOR(1)

NAME
bf-animation-editor -- The animation editor for the Bear Engine. SYNOPSIS
bf-animation-editor [-h] [--log-concise] [--log-file=file] [--log-level=string] [--log-uniq] [-c] [-u] file(s) ... DESCRIPTION
This program is the animation editor for the Bear Engine. This is a part of the Bear Factory. OPTIONS
The following options can be passed to the program: -c, --compile Compile the files and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options. --log-concise Do not display log messages that have recently been displayed. --log-file=file Write log output in "file". --log-level=string Output log messages up to a given level, among "error", "warning" and "verbose". --log-uniq Do not display the same log message successively. -u, --update Open and save the animation files. -v, --version Print the version of the editor and exit. SEE ALSO
running-bear(6), bf-level-editor(1), bf-model-editor(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julien Jorge julien.jorge@gamned.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BF-ANIMATION-EDITOR(1)