Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Script - Move and Unzip Files Post 302365737 by haralebp on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 01:44:07 AM
Old 10-28-2009
Hi Zaxxon,

Moving the files from a folder to other is done, I just wanted to know how should I create those *.lst files after unzipping them?

Thanks
Mano

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems writing bash script to unzip files

I'm getting the following errors when I try to write a script to unzip some zip files. When I use the free trial copy of the commerical winzip program, however, they work fine. When I use -l or -t on unzip it indicates no errors. When I use the -o switch interactively from the bash command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip specific files

As part of an audit at work I need to review a lot of Windows workstations. One thing I need to do is review all of the .doc files. My problem is that I guessed a number of these files would be in zip archives. This is the case but they are mixed in with a lot of other file types that I am not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script To Move Files Based On Grep

I am looking for advice on how to write a script that will rename and/or move files to a different directory based upon the results of a grep. Let's say I have ten files in a directory. Some of them - not all - contain the text 'HELLO'. I would like to be able to grep the files for that text,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjhjr64
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip files from folder in shell script (ksh)?

I have a folder (C:\shellprg\input\) containing .CSV, .zip, .gz files. 1] I want to find all .zip/.gz files from folder (C:\shellprg\input\). 2] unzip/uncompress files into the same folder (C:\shellprg\input\) through shell script. I am using below commands for unzip files, unzip <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Shell Script in place of Perl script to Unzip the zip files.

Hi Expert, We have some shell scripts which Internally uses Perl Script to Unzip the source zip files which comes to inbound directory. So now our requirement is to avoid the dependency on Perl Script and us Shell Script to unzip the files. I have the Perl script with me attached can some one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.dasu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move, unzip, backup

#!/bin/bash set -xv errdir=/apps/awd/RPMSReportParser/dist/error attach=/apps/awd/rip-optumprod/poller/attach backup=/apps/awd/rip-optumprod/pollerstage/backup/ log=~/catcher.log exec >>"$log" 2>&1 date >>"$log" cd $errdir for i in *.zip*; do cp -p $errdir/"$i" "$backup"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
2 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)