Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date and time in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format Post 302365735 by daptal on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 01:38:49 AM
Old 10-28-2009
Provide a snippet of log file so that the exact cmd can be given

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to display date in dd/mm/yyyy format

Hi I have a sed command sed -e "s/sub_date/=$(date +"%d/%m/%Y")/" sub_create_tmp I want to substitute with the current date in dd/mm/yyyy format . But the result is an error " cannot parse " . Pls help . sars (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date difference between 2 dates in 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' format

Hi all, I know this may have already been asked but hey ho... i have two dates in the 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' format. '2009-01-03 01:00:00' '2009-04-05 00:00:00' How can i, in shell script determine their differences? Please note, the time may not be available, so please suggest both... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need date in the format [mm dd yyyy hh AM/PM]

could you please help be on the below code .. Requirement is when i pass the parameter(for below 2) i should get current time -2 hours in the format :wall:.. cur_dt=`$ICEBIN/sqsh -S$DSQUERY -U $BATCHID -P $PASSWD -h -C"select getdate()" | sed '2d'` pr_dt="`$ICEBIN/sqsh -S$DSQUERY -U $BATCHID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthicss
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need code for date which is in yyyy-mm-dd format

Hi, I am having one log files. contains som data according to date. And it is going to append .Eg:abc.log contains below data 2011-10-19 abjhgj 2011-10-19 gjhgjgj 2011-10-20 hhhjh 2011-10-20 hhhhjj 2011-10-21 gg . . . 2011-11-24 yyy from log files i want catch only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert any date format into yyyy/mm/dd

How can I convert any user inputted date into yyyy/mm/dd ? For example user can input date one of the following 20120121 , 2012-01-21 ,01/21/2012,01/21/2012 etc But I need to convert any of the date entered by user into yyyy/mm/dd (2012/01/2012). Any suggestion. Thanks in advance this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZeroHedge
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format MM/DD/YYYY

I am changing epoch times to dates. I was able to do the following: echo "$varx" | gawk '{print strftime("%c", $0)}' Mon Dec 31 16:26:40 2012 This changes the epoch date (which is what varx is) into localtime. However, my problem is that I only want 12/31/2012 and not the Mon Dec 31... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get last 12 month date in YYYY.MM format?

I need the date format in YYYY.MM format and I am able to get current month date as well as previous month date with below command PM=`date +'%Y.%m' -d 'last month'` CM=`date +'%Y.%m' -d 'now'` but I need to get YYYY.MM date format for previous 12 months so could you please help me how I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
TRACE-CMD-START(1)														TRACE-CMD-START(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-start - start the Ftrace Linux kernel tracer without recording SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd start [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) start enables all the Ftrace tracing the same way trace-cmd-record(1) does. The difference is that it does not run threads to create a trace.dat file. This is useful just to enable Ftrace and you are only interested in the trace after some event has occurred and the trace is stopped. Then the trace can be read straight from the Ftrace pseudo file system or can be extracted with trace-cmd-extract(1). OPTIONS
The options are the same as trace-cmd-record(1), except that it does not take options specific to recording (-s, -o, -F, -N, and -t). SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-START(1)