Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unwanted control character in the input Post 302365651 by steadyonabix on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 05:46:15 PM
Old 10-27-2009
Looks like you are picking up a stray control character, probably due to the user.

Code:
if [ $qq == *y ]

Should match ok to either

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control character in a file

Hi All, I am looking for a solution to capture any ASCII control character in a file ( where the ASCII control character is in decimal value from 0 to 31 and 127 ( Hex value from 00 to 1F and 7F ) ) by returning any affected lines. The intended good file should contain "ASCII printable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cursive
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Control M character

Hi, I'm using MKS tool kit to execute KSH on windows and samba to move files to unix from windows. My script is appending header record for the data file. I'm using echo "$header" > $SambaFilename cat $windowsfile >> $SambaFilename But after execution of script ,The file in Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the ^M(control M) character in unix file?

can any one say about command to find "^M" (Control M)characters in a unix text file. ^M comes when a file ftped from windows to unix without using bin mode. I need the command to find lik this, ex.txt: ------------------------------ ...,name,time^M go^M ...file,end^M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace any control character in the string

Need to replace any control character in the string in perl ---------- Post updated at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- Any help !!! Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd Control Character issue ^A

Sorry to bug you, but my sed is failing me, I have a file auto generated from abinitio, it has a string of chars ending with a line break, and then it has added a ^A character, I can remove this is vi by using the following %s/^A//g (where ^A is ctrl v and control A), however when I try to sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badg3r
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP header text/csv unwanted line feed character

We have successfully created a comma delimited file, the results are correct from an sql database query. When using the following headers to print the file using print $data, an extra line feed is added and a blank row appears on the top of the data in Excel: header("Expires: 0"); ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifimbres
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

control M character in unix file

in a file we are getting control character in a file , is there any way that they can be removed once we have the file for eg. BEGIN-PROCEDURE INITIALIZE ^M LET #row_count = 0^M ^M ^M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

overcome unwanted input values in korn shell

Hi All, we are doing automation for installation of oracle, a) ORACLE_HOME_NAME b) ORACLE_HOME above are the argument we need to pass during the script execution, while doing this someone issue the value like ORACLE_HOME=/optware/oracle/11g;rm -rf /optware/oracle/10g its removing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Control M (^M) character with new line

Hi All, We are getting an external file in abc.csv format. When opened in excel spread sheet, it is opening alright. But when opened in notepad, I see the contents in a single line. Ftp'd the file in binary mode to AIX UNIX host. When opened, I see Control M (^M) characters in place of New Line... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing the ^M control character

I've got a file where each line is separated by ^M characters. I want to be able to cat the file without those lines. When I cat the file now what I see are blank lines. However, the blank lines are actually ^M characters; when I open the file with vi they show up. X38888 No No No... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)