Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unwanted control character in the input Post 302365651 by steadyonabix on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 05:46:15 PM
Old 10-27-2009
Looks like you are picking up a stray control character, probably due to the user.

Code:
if [ $qq == *y ]

Should match ok to either

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control character in a file

Hi All, I am looking for a solution to capture any ASCII control character in a file ( where the ASCII control character is in decimal value from 0 to 31 and 127 ( Hex value from 00 to 1F and 7F ) ) by returning any affected lines. The intended good file should contain "ASCII printable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cursive
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Control M character

Hi, I'm using MKS tool kit to execute KSH on windows and samba to move files to unix from windows. My script is appending header record for the data file. I'm using echo "$header" > $SambaFilename cat $windowsfile >> $SambaFilename But after execution of script ,The file in Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the ^M(control M) character in unix file?

can any one say about command to find "^M" (Control M)characters in a unix text file. ^M comes when a file ftped from windows to unix without using bin mode. I need the command to find lik this, ex.txt: ------------------------------ ...,name,time^M go^M ...file,end^M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace any control character in the string

Need to replace any control character in the string in perl ---------- Post updated at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- Any help !!! Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd Control Character issue ^A

Sorry to bug you, but my sed is failing me, I have a file auto generated from abinitio, it has a string of chars ending with a line break, and then it has added a ^A character, I can remove this is vi by using the following %s/^A//g (where ^A is ctrl v and control A), however when I try to sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badg3r
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP header text/csv unwanted line feed character

We have successfully created a comma delimited file, the results are correct from an sql database query. When using the following headers to print the file using print $data, an extra line feed is added and a blank row appears on the top of the data in Excel: header("Expires: 0"); ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifimbres
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

control M character in unix file

in a file we are getting control character in a file , is there any way that they can be removed once we have the file for eg. BEGIN-PROCEDURE INITIALIZE ^M LET #row_count = 0^M ^M ^M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

overcome unwanted input values in korn shell

Hi All, we are doing automation for installation of oracle, a) ORACLE_HOME_NAME b) ORACLE_HOME above are the argument we need to pass during the script execution, while doing this someone issue the value like ORACLE_HOME=/optware/oracle/11g;rm -rf /optware/oracle/10g its removing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Control M (^M) character with new line

Hi All, We are getting an external file in abc.csv format. When opened in excel spread sheet, it is opening alright. But when opened in notepad, I see the contents in a single line. Ftp'd the file in binary mode to AIX UNIX host. When opened, I see Control M (^M) characters in place of New Line... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing the ^M control character

I've got a file where each line is separated by ^M characters. I want to be able to cat the file without those lines. When I cat the file now what I see are blank lines. However, the blank lines are actually ^M characters; when I open the file with vi they show up. X38888 No No No... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)