Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use -path and -prune with find Post 302365622 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 03:24:11 PM
Old 10-27-2009
Just to clarify: the !(build) syntax is not part of the find command but it is a pattern marching operator that tells the shell to expand anything but the build directory and pass that the result on to find.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command with prune help

I have a directory named https-abcd Under that I have some directories, files and links. One of those directories is with name logs and the logs directory has lot of files in it. I need to tar the whole https-abcd directory excluding the logs directory only, I should get all the links, files and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using prune with find command

Hi, I am using a find command like below in my script: find /outfiles -type f -name cat -o -name vi -o -name grep 2>/dev/null Which will search for files like "cat" , "vi" or "grep" in the "/outfiles" and subdirectories. I want to ignore a particular subdirectory from the search. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with prune option

Hi, I want to list files only from the current dir and its child dir (not from child's child dir). i have the following files, ./ABC/1.log ./ABC/2.log ./ABC/ABC1/A.log ./ABC/ABC1/B.log ./ABC/ABC1/XYZ/A1.log ./ABC/ABC1/XYZ/A2.log Here i want to list only the log file from current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find + prune + mtime

Hi, i try to catch all files in a dir ,without going down in subdir , which don't have file extension and older than 10 days for example: my dir : drwxr-xr-x 7 notes01 notes 4096 Mar 8 14:11 . drwxr-xr-x 116 root system 4096 Mar 9 11:17 .. -rw-r----- 1 notes01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find prune Trash

How do I run a find without is looking in ./Trash gregg@gregg-desktop:/media/Audio$ find . -type f ! -name '*.jpg' -size 1M -print |head find: `./.Trash-1000/expunged/2781324553/mp3-to-m4b-batch': Input/output error find:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find with Prune not working

Hi I am trying to list all files in every subdirectory from a given location. However, I realise that 1 folder will have files that I am not interested in. This is using a .csh file to execute I have tried different scripts but to no avail. My current incarnation is below. Would someone be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderbison
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: -prune and -name options

I am trying to find all .rhosts files on some unix systems. I tried just -name ".rhosts" but we have a lot of really large NFS and MVFS systems that I do not want to crawl and I am having a hard time excluding them. I also need to scan more than just /root /home and /users, so I really need to scan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Usage of -prune and -name in find

I am into cd /home/work/amey/history-*/ Under amey I have directories history, history-1, history-2 and under history-2 I have got 2 files 3 and 2. When I run the find command I get the below o/p. find /home/work/amey/history-*/. -name . -o -prune -type f /home/work/amey/history-1/.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using prune with find

Hi, I have two files under two separate directories as in: find . -name test.sh ./test.sh ./abc/test.sh I want my find to only look for the file test.sh that is under the current directory and not one under /abc How do I use prune to achieve this? I am on AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies
XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)										 XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListInsertTabs -- A convenience function that inserts tabs into a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListInsertTabs( XmTabList oldlist, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list that includes the tabs in oldlist. This function copies specified tabs to the tab list at the given position. The first tab_count tabs of the tabs array are added to the tab list. If oldlist is NULL, XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list containing only the tabs specified. oldlist Specifies the tab list to add the tabs to. The function deallocates oldlist after extracting the required information. tabs Specifies a pointer to the tabs to be added to the tab list. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using XmTabFree. tab_count Specifies the number of tabs in tabs. position Specifies the position of the first new tab in the tab list. A value of 0 (zero) makes the first new tab the first tab in the tab list, a value of 1 makes it the second tab, and so on. If position is greater than the number of tabs in oldlist, then the tabs will be inserted at the end. If position is negative, the count will be backwards from the end. A value of -1 makes the first new tab the last tab, and so on. RETURN
If tabs is NULL or tab_count is 0 (zero), this function returns oldlist. Otherwise, it returns a new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)