Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Remove APAR number from aix 5.3 Post 302365519 by shockneck on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 09:52:26 AM
Old 10-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathi.k
[...]
Can i remove one APAR number from aix5.3..[...]
Depending on the fileset in question (i.e. how many dependencies there are) you could try to force installp to overwrite that fileset with the lower level. If the APAR updated just a single fileset your chances are good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

If the AIX need reboot after install fix pack or APAR?

After install fix pack or APAR, if aix need reboot? if not, do we need stop database and all applications before we install fix pack or APAR? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

2. AIX

install apar on aix53

Hi All, I was installing apar CVE-2008-0122 on my freshly test aix53. I followed the ibm site and run this 'installp -a -d libc_ifix -X all' and got this +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Pre-installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to read an APAR descr

please look at: IBM - IZ54713: SYSCALL BUFFER OVERFLOW VULNERABILITY how does this vague messages mean and what can I expect? Closed as program error. ? Status CLOSED PER ? PE NoPE ? HIPER NoHIPER ? regards,Raba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
2 Replies

4. AIX

APAR fix on AIX 53tl9

We have tried to install an APAR fix IZ20298 on a AIX test server. It is requiring a base level of bos.adt.prof of 5.3.0.0 I cannot find this file anywhere. I fould 5.3.0.1 and it still will not install without the base install. Any ideas where I can find bos.adt.prof 5.3.0.0? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the number from the String

I have string like 20091112_File_Name_40301.txt and i have a set of files in the directory with the same format . i want to write the ksh to rename the file ..... like eg 20091112_File_Name_40301.txt to File_Name.txt 20091112_abc_2343.txt to abc.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
6 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to remove APAR -- any solution ?

Hello I would like to remove the APARs # instfix -ivk IY68989 IY68989 Abstract: write to mmapped space hangs Fileset bos.mp:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. Fileset bos.mp64:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. All filesets for IY68989 were found. # instfix -ivk IY73497 IY73497... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last number from a file

Hi, I need to delete last number ( i.e 126) from the file which has below contents. ABC DEF "XYZ" 2837.5 3852.5 126 ABC DEF "XYZ" 2897.5 3852.5 126 ABC DEF "XYZ" 2957.5 3852.5 126 Please help. Thanks in advance. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove char if not a number

I need to write a BASH script that takes a 2 character string and removes the second character if it is not a digit e.g. If the string is numberical value >9 e.g. string1 = '34' then leave string1 = '34'. However if the string is <10 e.g. string1 = '3X' then remove the second char (which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove trailing number

I have some strings such as ABC1 ABC2 TYFASDD12 They will only have letters and numbers. In each case I want to remove the last digit? The lengths will vary. So a hard coded substr won't work. What do I do? if it doesn't end in a number, I don't want to remove any characters. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Remove number in file name

Hi , i have a file name with date and time append like test_SEC_AES_V1_T03_2016031404306 i want to remove the date and time after _ and rename to current date and time,can any one please let me know as i tried some options but din't help:( Thanks, Please use code tags as required... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: caba_jones
10 Replies
mkfset(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 mkfset(8)

NAME
mkfset - Create a fileset in an existing AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/mkfset domain fileset OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of the fileset to be created in the specified file domain. DESCRIPTION
The mkfset command creates an AdvFS fileset within an existing file domain. You must create at least one fileset per file domain; however, you can create multiple filesets within a file domain. You can mount and unmount each fileset independently of the other filesets in the file domain. You can assign fileset quotas (block and file usage limits) to filesets. Use the following commands to manipulate filesets: Displays the filesets associated with a domain. Removes a fileset (and all of its files) from the file domain. Assigns a new name to an existing fileset. Changes fileset attributes; specifically fileset quotas. For more information, see the reference pages for each command. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this utility. Each fileset within a domain must have a unique name of up to 31 characters. All whitespace characters (tab, new line, space and so on) and the / # : * ? characters are invalid for fileset names. EXAMPLE
The following example creates two filesets, credit_fs and debit_fs, within an existing domain called accounts_dmn. # mkfset accounts_dmn credit_fs # mkfset accounts_dmn debit_fs To mount the newly created credit_fs fileset on the /mnt/credit directory, enter: # mount -t advfs accounts_dmn#credit_fs /mnt/credit You can add filesets to the /etc/fstab file in the same manner that you add any file system. Once added, filesets are mounted each time you reboot the system and fileset quotas are enabled. For example, to automatically mount the credit_fs fileset, add the following line to your fstab file: accounts_dmn#credit_fs /mnt/credit advfs rq, userquota, groupquota SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfdmn(8), renamefset(8), rmfset(8), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8) File Formats: advfs(4) mkfset(8)