Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Zones Parallel Patching Feature Now Available Post 302365346 by Linux Bot on Monday 26th of October 2009 05:45:03 PM
Old 10-26-2009
Zones Parallel Patching Feature Now Available

This post on the Patch Corner blog by Gerry Haskins provides info on the zones parallel patching feature in the Solaris 10 OS, which enables non-global zones to be patched in parallel, leading to a significant performance gains.

More...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Help req for Patching on Solaris 10 Zones

Hi Experts, Can advise on this: Global zone running on solaris 10, & the local zones on top running on solaris 9, but we need to patch the solaris 9 local zones & also the solaris 10 global zone. Which should be patched first to avoid any crash in case, first local zones... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fizan
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Global/Zones patching

Issue is : We have Solaris Global with 12 Zones and some have 15 Zones. All the OS version are10. Is it possible to apply patch at Zone level instead of patching at Global level? Please let me know. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help in patching with lu on SVM+ZFS FS with zones

Hello, I need help in understanding, how lu can work on Solaris-10 on this server. I can detach mirror metadevices of LVM, but zpool looks confusing, which mirror I should break. server-app01 # : |format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN300G cyl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
ZPRINT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ZPRINT(1)

NAME
zprint - show information about kernel zones SYNOPSIS
zprint [-w] [-s] [-c] [-h] [name] DESCRIPTION
zprint(1) displays data about Mach zones. By default, zprint will print out information about all Mach zones. If the optional name is specified, zprint will print information about each zone for which name is a substring of the zone's name. zprint interprets the following options: -w For each zone, zprint calculates how much space is allocated but not currently in use, the space wasted by the zone. -s zprint sorts the zones, showing the wasting the most memory first. -c (Default) zprint prints zone info in columns. Long zone names are truncated with '$', and spaces are replaced with '.', to allow for sorting by column. Pageable and collectible zones are shown with 'P' and 'C' on the far right. Zones with preposterously large maximum sizes are shown with '----' in the max size and max num elts fields. -h (Default) Shows headings for the columns printed with the -c option. It may be useful to override this option when sorting by col- umn. Any option (including default options) can be overridden by specifying the option in upper-case; for example, -C overrides the (default) option -c. SEE ALSO
host_zone_info(2). 27/02/87 ZPRINT(1)