Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing all occurences depending on parity Post 302365078 by summer_cherry on Sunday 25th of October 2009 10:09:52 PM
Old 10-25-2009
perl:
Code:
my $str='$1 first $a second $2 third $b forth $3';
print $str,"\n";
$str=~s/\$
(?=
(?:[^\$]*\$[^\$]*\$)*[^\$]*$)
/-/gx;
print $str,"\n";

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting number of occurences

Hi All, I have to count the number of occurences of the character " ; " in a given line. I had used the following awk command to achieve the same echo $KOP.dat|awk '{split($1,my,";"); for(i in my)c++ }END{print c-1}' My file KOP.dat had the following data ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

occurences of words

I have a string like this. $str="The astrocyte profile might contribute to the identification of possible therapies in profiles profiling and profiled als."; Lets consider for example: a)If user enters the term profile* it should highlight profile,profiles only. b)If user enters the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

no of occurences of q word

hi I hace a string "abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc" i replaced commas with spaces, now i want to calculate nof occurences of "abc" word. thanks in advance Satya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
6 Replies

4. Linux

kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error ()

Hey guys how do you troubleshoot this kind of problem kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error () (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Count occurences

I have enclosed the script. I am able to find the files that contain my search string but when I try to count the occurences within the file I get zero always. Any help on this. #!/usr/bin/perl my $find = $ARGV; my $replace = $ARGV; my $glob = $ARGV; @filelist = <*$glob>; # process each... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC.

Can some one explain or send me the links about these tools Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rags
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to count occurences

Hi, i am in need of an awk script to accomplish the following: Input table looks like: Student1 arts Student2 science Student3 arts Student4 science Student5 science Student6 science Student7 science Student8 science Student9 science Student10 science Student11 science... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
8 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris raids parity

what actually stored in the parity reserved on each slice in raid 5 configuration. how to restore the data if a disk is failed in raid5 configuration (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Order as per top occurences

Hi I have a file with entries like below top 5 a 5 b 4 c 3 d 2 e 1 top 5 b 5 d 4 c 3 e 2 a 1 top 5 e 5 d 4 c 3 b 2 a 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viswanatheee55
2 Replies
LATEX-MK(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						       LATEX-MK(1)

NAME
latex-mk - automate compilation of LaTeX files. SYNOPSIS
latex-mk [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the latex-mk commands. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in the GNU Info format; see below. latex-mk is a wrapper script used by the LaTeX-Mk makefile system for LaTeX documents. Its purpose is to run LaTeX the appropriate number of times to resolve all references and page changes associated with resolving references. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h --help Show description of the script. --version Show version of program. -b --bibtex Force call to BibTeX. --clean Delete log file. --debug Enable debug mode. --ignore-errors Ignore errors. --pdflatex Use pdflatex instead of latex. --tex2page Use tex2page instead of latex. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Rafael Laboissiere rafael@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Rafael Laboissiere [FIXME: source] January 28, 2006 LATEX-MK(1)