Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris different time settings in different directories Post 302365076 by Chazvaz on Sunday 25th of October 2009 09:38:53 PM
Old 10-25-2009
different time settings in different directories

When I create files (using vi) the creation date/time (ls -l) is recorded differently in different directories. There is a one-hour difference between a file created now in /usr2 and /root. In both directories, the date command shows the same (correct) date/time. But ceation date/time of a file is different in each directory Smilie

How is this possible and how can I fix it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple directories at the same time using Unix

Another Unix question. How would I copy multiple directories at the same time? Right now I do: cp -r -f /directory1/ ../backup/directory1/ I do that for each directory one at a time. But there are multiple directories I'd like to copy. So instead of sitting there and doing one at a time, is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i collect Date & Time from Different Directories in a script

How do i collect Date & Time from Different Directories in a script The script iam using for a single directory is : ls -l | grep awk '{print $8}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command takes a lot of time ( can I skip directories)

I have a file called "library" with the following content libnxrdbmgr.a libnxrdbmgr.so libnxtk.a libnxtk.so libora0d_nsc_osi.so I am trying to locate if these libraries are on my machine or not. find command runs for about few seconds and hangs after this. Can someone please help me and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Difference between two files in two different directories

Hi, Can anyone please help me. How to write shell script for taking time difference between two files which are in two different folders. Example: Folder1 is having sample_1_*.txt with the time 13:10 hours Folder2 is having sample_1_*.txt with the time 13:17 hours Now i need the time... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayPasum
6 Replies

5. AIX

How to delete particular date directories at a time

Hi guys, Can anyone tell me how to delete hundreds of directories of particular dates at a time? By the below command I am able to list all particular date directories but unable to delete those, ls -ltr | sed -n '/Oct 07/p' Please reply ASAP, thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: teddy2882
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing directories and sub directories with time and name options

Hello all! I'm looking to list directories and sub-directories of a path, on this forum I found this command: find $path -type d -exec ls -ld {} \; The issue I have is that with a simple ls, the list is listed by name, and using -t I get it by time. How could I list directories and sub... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomadvisuals
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Calculating time difference between many directories in UNIX

A report needs to come some what similar to this No of elements Stream Batch No Load time A B C D A,B,C im able to get quite easily wc -l /usr/local/intranet/areas/prod/output/SRGW_0?/*/MESSAGE_T.dat O/P of above command. A B C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peckenson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create tgz file for all the directories in one time?

Hi, On server there is an one folder . which contains sub folder Eg - TEST folder contains test1, test2, execr ,tt (folder). also includes some text file like abc.txt psp.txt gg.log. here iwant to create tgz file for all the folders and file in one time. I know the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Access time of files and directories

My query please: What I saw how access times of a file and directories work. 1) For a file the access time is the time when I 1st access it after last modification of the file, i.e., if the file is modified at 10 AM and then I access it at 11 AM. After than whenever I access without... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-TMPFILES(8)						 systemd-tmpfiles					       SYSTEMD-TMPFILES(8)

NAME
systemd-tmpfiles, systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service, systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service, systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service, systemd-tmpfiles- clean.timer - Creates, deletes and cleans up volatile and temporary files and directories SYNOPSIS
systemd-tmpfiles [OPTIONS...] [CONFIGFILE...] System units: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer User units: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer DESCRIPTION
systemd-tmpfiles creates, deletes, and cleans up volatile and temporary files and directories, based on the configuration file format and location specified in tmpfiles.d(5). If invoked with no arguments, it applies all directives from all configuration files. If one or more absolute filenames are passed on the command line, only the directives in these files are applied. If "-" is specified instead of a filename, directives are read from standard input. If only the basename of a configuration file is specified, all configuration directories as specified in tmpfiles.d(5) are searched for a matching file. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --create If this option is passed, all files and directories marked with f, F, w, d, D, v, p, L, c, b, m in the configuration files are created or written to. Files and directories marked with z, Z, t, T, a, and A have their ownership, access mode and security labels set. --clean If this option is passed, all files and directories with an age parameter configured will be cleaned up. --remove If this option is passed, the contents of directories marked with D or R, and files or directories themselves marked with r or R are removed. --user Execute "user" configuration, i.e. tmpfiles.d files in user configuration directories. --boot Also execute lines with an exclamation mark. --prefix=path Only apply rules with paths that start with the specified prefix. This option can be specified multiple times. --exclude-prefix=path Ignore rules with paths that start with the specified prefix. This option can be specified multiple times. --root=root Takes a directory path as an argument. All paths will be prefixed with the given alternate root path, including config search paths. Note that this option does not alter how the users and groups specified in the configuration files are resolved. With or without this option, users and groups are always resolved according to the host's user and group databases, any such databases stored under the specified root directories are not consulted. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. It is possible to combine --create, --clean, and --remove in one invocation. For example, during boot the following command line is executed to ensure that all temporary and volatile directories are removed and created according to the configuration file: systemd-tmpfiles --remove --create UNPRIVILEGED --CLEANUP OPERATION systemd-tmpfiles tries to avoid changing the access and modification times on the directories it accesses, which requires CAP_ADMIN privileges. When running as non-root, directories which are checked for files to clean up will have their access time bumped, which might prevent their cleanup. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned. If the configuration was invalid (invalid syntax, missing arguments, ...), so some lines had to be ignored, but no other errors occurred, 65 is returned (EX_DATAERR from /usr/include/sysexits.h). Otherwise, 1 is returned (EXIT_FAILURE from /usr/include/stdlib.h). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), tmpfiles.d(5) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TMPFILES(8)