Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract values from column with Perl Post 302364994 by tprayush on Sunday 25th of October 2009 04:59:23 AM
Old 10-25-2009
exactly !!!!!!
when u write 'split()' alone, by default it assigns the splitted fields in built-in array @_,
so u can access its contents as $_[0,1...].

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to extract last column of a file and compare the values

Hi, I am new to unix and I need help in solving below mentioned issue, really appreciate ur help. I have a file sam, john, 2324, 07142007 tom, thomson, 2343, 07142007 john, scott, 2478, 07142007 its a comma delimited file, I need to extract the last column from each line and this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl-extract data from hash values

Hello, I have parsed an xml file using perl to get the hash values and the output looks like this $VAR1 = { 'RT' => { 'List' => { 'String' => ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract one column from csv file in perl?

Hi everyone, i am new to perl programming, i have a problem in extracting single column from csv file. the column is the 20th column, please help me.. at present i use this code #!C:/perl/bin use warnings; use strict; my $file1 = $ARGV; open FILE1, "<$file1" or die "Can't... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract first column from second line in perl

Hello Gurus I have a source file which has the first line as header and the rest are the records I need to extract the first column from the second line to extract a value I/P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from Perl variable

Hi Guys, I am stuck in a problem. I have a variable in Perl script which has value for example X=a-b-c; Now, I want to extract a b c separately into different 3 variables. I know this can be done in shell using awk but Perl behaves a bit different. Can anybody help me on this please?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from a specific column to the end

Hello friends, I have a text file with many columns (no. columns vary from row to row) separated by space. I need to collect all the values from 18th column to the end from each line and group them as pairs and then numbering like below.. 1. 18th-col-value 19th-col-value 2. 20th-col-value ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract first column from file

Hi, I want to extract first column from a file and redirect the output to another file in perl. I am able to do this from command line by executing below commands. perl -anle 'print $F' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -ne '@F = split("\t", $_); print "$F\n";' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -anE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract values and print at end of each line

In the below perl I am trying to extract and print the values AF1=, the GT value, and F or QUAL diveded by 33 (rounded to the nearest whole #). The GT value is at the end after the GT:PL so all the possibilities are read into a hash h, then depending on the value that is in the line the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
Net::servent(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Net::servent(3perl)

NAME
Net::servent - by-name interface to Perl's built-in getserv*() functions SYNOPSIS
use Net::servent; $s = getservbyname(shift || 'ftp') || die "no service"; printf "port for %s is %s, aliases are %s ", $s->name, $s->port, "@{$s->aliases}"; use Net::servent qw(:FIELDS); getservbyname(shift || 'ftp') || die "no service"; print "port for $s_name is $s_port, aliases are @s_aliases "; DESCRIPTION
This module's default exports override the core getservent(), getservbyname(), and getnetbyport() functions, replacing them with versions that return "Net::servent" objects. They take default second arguments of "tcp". This object has methods that return the similarly named structure field name from the C's servent structure from netdb.h; namely name, aliases, port, and proto. The aliases method returns an array reference, the rest scalars. You may also import all the structure fields directly into your namespace as regular variables using the :FIELDS import tag. (Note that this still overrides your core functions.) Access these fields as variables named with a preceding "s_". Thus, "$serv_obj->name()" corresponds to $s_name if you import the fields. Array references are available as regular array variables, so for example "@{ $serv_obj->aliases()}" would be simply @s_aliases. The getserv() function is a simple front-end that forwards a numeric argument to getservbyport(), and the rest to getservbyname(). To access this functionality without the core overrides, pass the "use" an empty import list, and then access function functions with their full qualified names. On the other hand, the built-ins are still available via the "CORE::" pseudo-package. EXAMPLES
use Net::servent qw(:FIELDS); while (@ARGV) { my ($service, $proto) = ((split m!/!, shift), 'tcp'); my $valet = getserv($service, $proto); unless ($valet) { warn "$0: No service: $service/$proto " next; } printf "service $service/$proto is port %d ", $valet->port; print "alias are @s_aliases " if @s_aliases; } NOTE
While this class is currently implemented using the Class::Struct module to build a struct-like class, you shouldn't rely upon this. AUTHOR
Tom Christiansen perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 Net::servent(3perl)