Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing all occurences depending on parity Post 302364908 by Scott on Saturday 24th of October 2009 02:16:43 PM
Old 10-24-2009
Code:
awk -F'$' -v OFS="$" '{$2="latex " $2; $4="latex " $4} 1' file1  
Solve the equation $latex x^2=5$. Prove that $latex x$ is an irrational number.

If you have more than 4 $'s you can always do this in a for-loop:

Code:
awk -F'$' -v OFS='$' '{ for( I = 2; I <= NF; I+=2 )
  $I = "latex " $I
} 1' file1

Solve the equation $latex x^2=5$. Prove that $latex x$ is an irrational number.

Last edited by Scott; 10-24-2009 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: added for loop

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting number of occurences

Hi All, I have to count the number of occurences of the character " ; " in a given line. I had used the following awk command to achieve the same echo $KOP.dat|awk '{split($1,my,";"); for(i in my)c++ }END{print c-1}' My file KOP.dat had the following data ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

occurences of words

I have a string like this. $str="The astrocyte profile might contribute to the identification of possible therapies in profiles profiling and profiled als."; Lets consider for example: a)If user enters the term profile* it should highlight profile,profiles only. b)If user enters the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

no of occurences of q word

hi I hace a string "abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc" i replaced commas with spaces, now i want to calculate nof occurences of "abc" word. thanks in advance Satya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
6 Replies

4. Linux

kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error ()

Hey guys how do you troubleshoot this kind of problem kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error () (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Count occurences

I have enclosed the script. I am able to find the files that contain my search string but when I try to count the occurences within the file I get zero always. Any help on this. #!/usr/bin/perl my $find = $ARGV; my $replace = $ARGV; my $glob = $ARGV; @filelist = <*$glob>; # process each... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC.

Can some one explain or send me the links about these tools Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rags
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to count occurences

Hi, i am in need of an awk script to accomplish the following: Input table looks like: Student1 arts Student2 science Student3 arts Student4 science Student5 science Student6 science Student7 science Student8 science Student9 science Student10 science Student11 science... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
8 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris raids parity

what actually stored in the parity reserved on each slice in raid 5 configuration. how to restore the data if a disk is failed in raid5 configuration (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Order as per top occurences

Hi I have a file with entries like below top 5 a 5 b 4 c 3 d 2 e 1 top 5 b 5 d 4 c 3 e 2 a 1 top 5 e 5 d 4 c 3 b 2 a 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viswanatheee55
2 Replies
rlatex(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rlatex(1)

NAME
rlatex -- Wrapper to run LaTeX/jadeTeX multiple times as needed SYNOPSIS
[env LATEXPRG=latex-binary ] rlatex [latex-document] Description rlatex applies LaTeX or another LaTeX-based macro package (most notably jadetex, pdflatex, or pdfjadetex) to a given document, as many suc- cessive times as needed. It checks the output of a LaTeX pass, and launches a new pass when it notices specific strings which notify that the document's processing has not been finished. Caveats This version is mostly tuned for jadetex, and may cause some problems when using pure LaTeX. This ought to be fixed some day. Copyright Copyright (C) 2001-2003 Alcove & Yann Dirson. This rlatex is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2. It is heavily derived from the doc/rlatex script in the LILO source package, which is distributed under a BSD license. The original script does not mention its original author. This documentation is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License, version 1. Contact us rlatex is part of the sgml2x package, which is part of the AlcoveBook project (link to URL http://www.alcove-labs.org/en/soft- ware/alcovebook/) . Please use the AlcoveBook mailing lists (link to URL https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group_id=533) to get in touch with developers and users. The list of bugs and feature requests is available through a Web interface (link to URL https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group_id=533) . Please use it to submit problems and ideas. See also jadetex(1), pdfjadetex(1), latex(1), pdflatex(1). rlatex(1)