Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing all occurences depending on parity Post 302364904 by Scott on Saturday 24th of October 2009 01:49:14 PM
Old 10-24-2009
Hi.

Can you post a representative sample of your input data, and expected results (output data).

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting number of occurences

Hi All, I have to count the number of occurences of the character " ; " in a given line. I had used the following awk command to achieve the same echo $KOP.dat|awk '{split($1,my,";"); for(i in my)c++ }END{print c-1}' My file KOP.dat had the following data ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

occurences of words

I have a string like this. $str="The astrocyte profile might contribute to the identification of possible therapies in profiles profiling and profiled als."; Lets consider for example: a)If user enters the term profile* it should highlight profile,profiles only. b)If user enters the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

no of occurences of q word

hi I hace a string "abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc" i replaced commas with spaces, now i want to calculate nof occurences of "abc" word. thanks in advance Satya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
6 Replies

4. Linux

kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error ()

Hey guys how do you troubleshoot this kind of problem kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error () (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Count occurences

I have enclosed the script. I am able to find the files that contain my search string but when I try to count the occurences within the file I get zero always. Any help on this. #!/usr/bin/perl my $find = $ARGV; my $replace = $ARGV; my $glob = $ARGV; @filelist = <*$glob>; # process each... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC.

Can some one explain or send me the links about these tools Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rags
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to count occurences

Hi, i am in need of an awk script to accomplish the following: Input table looks like: Student1 arts Student2 science Student3 arts Student4 science Student5 science Student6 science Student7 science Student8 science Student9 science Student10 science Student11 science... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
8 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris raids parity

what actually stored in the parity reserved on each slice in raid 5 configuration. how to restore the data if a disk is failed in raid5 configuration (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Order as per top occurences

Hi I have a file with entries like below top 5 a 5 b 4 c 3 d 2 e 1 top 5 b 5 d 4 c 3 e 2 a 1 top 5 e 5 d 4 c 3 b 2 a 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viswanatheee55
2 Replies
PAC(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    PAC(8)

NAME
pac - printer/plotter accounting information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/pac [ -Pprinter ] [ -pprice ] [ -s ] [ -r ] [ -c ] [ -m ] [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
Pac reads the printer/plotter accounting files, accumulating the number of pages (the usual case) or feet (for raster devices) of paper consumed by each user, and printing out how much each user consumed in pages or feet and dollars. If any names are specified, then statis- tics are only printed for those users; usually, statistics are printed for every user who has used any paper. The -P flag causes accounting to be done for the named printer. Normally, accounting is done for the default printer (site dependent) or the value of the environment variable PRINTER is used. The -p flag causes the value price to be used for the cost in dollars instead of the default value of 0.02 or the price specified in /etc/printcap. The -c flag causes the output to be sorted by cost; usually the output is sorted alphabetically by name. The -r flag reverses the sorting order. The -s flag causes the accounting information to be summarized on the summary accounting file; this summarization is necessary since on a busy system, the accounting file can grow by several lines per day. The -m flag causes the host name to be ignored in the accounting file. This allows for a user on multiple machines to have all of his printing charges grouped together. FILES
/usr/adm/?acct raw accounting files /usr/adm/?_sum summary accounting files /etc/printcap printer capability data base SEE ALSO
printcap(5) BUGS
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution November 1, 1996 PAC(8)