Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract values from column with Perl Post 302364840 by m_elena on Saturday 24th of October 2009 06:49:48 AM
Old 10-24-2009
Oh yes, It's alright Figaro!
Could you help me with a Perl script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to extract last column of a file and compare the values

Hi, I am new to unix and I need help in solving below mentioned issue, really appreciate ur help. I have a file sam, john, 2324, 07142007 tom, thomson, 2343, 07142007 john, scott, 2478, 07142007 its a comma delimited file, I need to extract the last column from each line and this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl-extract data from hash values

Hello, I have parsed an xml file using perl to get the hash values and the output looks like this $VAR1 = { 'RT' => { 'List' => { 'String' => ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract one column from csv file in perl?

Hi everyone, i am new to perl programming, i have a problem in extracting single column from csv file. the column is the 20th column, please help me.. at present i use this code #!C:/perl/bin use warnings; use strict; my $file1 = $ARGV; open FILE1, "<$file1" or die "Can't... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract first column from second line in perl

Hello Gurus I have a source file which has the first line as header and the rest are the records I need to extract the first column from the second line to extract a value I/P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from Perl variable

Hi Guys, I am stuck in a problem. I have a variable in Perl script which has value for example X=a-b-c; Now, I want to extract a b c separately into different 3 variables. I know this can be done in shell using awk but Perl behaves a bit different. Can anybody help me on this please?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from a specific column to the end

Hello friends, I have a text file with many columns (no. columns vary from row to row) separated by space. I need to collect all the values from 18th column to the end from each line and group them as pairs and then numbering like below.. 1. 18th-col-value 19th-col-value 2. 20th-col-value ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract first column from file

Hi, I want to extract first column from a file and redirect the output to another file in perl. I am able to do this from command line by executing below commands. perl -anle 'print $F' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -ne '@F = split("\t", $_); print "$F\n";' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -anE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract values and print at end of each line

In the below perl I am trying to extract and print the values AF1=, the GT value, and F or QUAL diveded by 33 (rounded to the nearest whole #). The GT value is at the end after the GT:PL so all the possibilities are read into a hash h, then depending on the value that is in the line the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)