Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX find firmware level through HMC Post 302364595 by balaji_prk on Friday 23rd of October 2009 01:07:10 PM
Old 10-23-2009
Thanks ippo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Find run-level in solaris 8.

When the solaris 8 have come up, which command can find out the current run-level? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nianzhe
2 Replies

2. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find files on first level folder

Hi: I have: folderA |----folderB |----folder1 |----folder2 |----folder3 |----folder3.1 Question: How can I find *.txt ONLY from /folderA/folderB/ and not the others folder1,2,3?? I tried: find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
8 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find the Latest Firmware

Dear All I have a Sun Fire v440 server. How to find the latest firmware for this server and from where i can download the firmware. What is theprocedure install the latest firmware. please share the process if possible. How can i check the latest firmware of any sun server. Tahnk u... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
1 Replies

6. Hardware

I need help to download firmware fo HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5

All, I need to upgrade my HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5. The HMC has a Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 . Where could I download the firmware for such hardware (HMC Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 )? Please answer because I need to upgrade that HMC the HMC to bring to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesifra
3 Replies

7. AIX

HMC firmware update - "Hard drive" LIC repository ?

Hi, I want to update managed system firmware using HMC. The easiest way to me is to download firmware directly to HMC hard disk. Question: Where shoud I put downloaded firmware in HMC hard disk ? - selection says "Hard disk" - no path no anything. thanks Vilius M. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

8. AIX

HMC updates managed system firmware on both T and P sides ?

Hi, I'm planning to update managed system firmware to new release using HMC. This is cite from IBM documentation describing HMC managed system updates: What I know we install new firmware to T side and in case some problems we boot P side and reject new fw on T. So if HMC updates both T and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find Firmware revision ?

I am having a Sun-Fire-T2000 server which is having Solaris OS running on it. I am not able to find an exact Firmware version. Please suggest something. sc> showhost Host flash versions: OBP 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:24 Hypervisor 1.7.3.a 2009/10/29 15:50 POST 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:47... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Move Files up One Level

Hi All, So I have another question. I'm trying to search for files with a certain extension and then move all of them up one level in the folder hierarchy. So something like this: original: /path/to/file/test.txt after: /path/to/test.txt I had some great help recently with another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
4 Replies
SETEUID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							SETEUID(2)

NAME
seteuid, setegid - set effective user or group ID SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int seteuid(uid_t euid); int setegid(gid_t egid); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): seteuid(), setegid(): _BSD_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 DESCRIPTION
seteuid() sets the effective user ID of the calling process. Unprivileged user processes may only set the effective user ID to the real user ID, the effective user ID or the saved set-user-ID. Precisely the same holds for setegid() with "group" instead of "user". RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM The calling process is not privileged (Linux: does not have the CAP_SETUID capability in the case of seteuid(), or the CAP_SETGID capability in the case of setegid()) and euid (respectively, egid) is not the real user (group) ID, the effective user (group) ID, or the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID). CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Setting the effective user (group) ID to the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID) is possible since Linux 1.1.37 (1.1.38). On an arbi- trary system one should check _POSIX_SAVED_IDS. Under libc4, libc5 and glibc 2.0 seteuid(euid) is equivalent to setreuid(-1, euid) and hence may change the saved set-user-ID. Under glibc 2.1 and later it is equivalent to setresuid(-1, euid, -1) and hence does not change the saved set-user-ID. Similar remarks hold for sete- gid(). According to POSIX.1, seteuid() (setegid()) need not permit euid (egid) to be the same value as the current effective user (group) ID, and some implementations do not permit this. SEE ALSO
geteuid(2), setresuid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), capabilities(7), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-10-17 SETEUID(2)