Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling Objective-C 2.0 under Linux Post 302364573 by inquen on Friday 23rd of October 2009 11:44:34 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Compiling Objective-C 2.0 under Linux

Hello all, I am new to programming and currently I am taking a swing at Objective-C. I easily compile my programs on my Macintosh, and have compiled some Objective-C programs on my linux box.

The problem I am having is when I try to use features demonstrated in the book Programming in Objective-C 2.0 by Stephen Kochan, aand that is using Ocj-C 2.0 Features like @property and @synthesize.

Does anyone know how, if at all, I might be able to compile Objective-C code using these new language features on Linux(More specifically I'm using Ubuntu)? Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

compiling linux driver to run on HPUX

Hi, a friend of mine gave me an old HP B180 Unix Workstation with HPUX, the only problem with that, the onboard graphicsbaord doesn´t work anymore. I want to buy a new PCI Graphicsboard (350RAMDAC), but they only have Linux drivers going with the card. Question: Is it possible to compile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilbi
4 Replies

2. Linux

Compiling Apple Top on Linux

Hello all. I recently tried compiling Apple's version of top on my Linux system. Can someone with some C experience explain why it won't build . . . and any tips to getting it to compile. Any help appreciated. BTW, you can pick up the Apple source code here: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blahblah
0 Replies

3. Programming

Cross compiling under Windows for Linux

I have two headless servers I am writing code for, and a Windows box networked with them. I want to compile my code within an IDE on the Windows box (eclipse most likely) and run the compiled binarys on the Linux boxes. Will this work? Using Cygwin (or MinGW)? Thoughts? Cheers, Ian (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IanVaughan
8 Replies

4. Linux

Automate compiling of linux kernel

Hi, I'm a newbie at kernel compilation. Currently trying to do a bash script to automate the compiling process of the linux kernel. I'm having some problems with automating the configuration. I know its possible to load an existing .config file in the make menuconfig screen prompt. But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloe_vera
3 Replies

5. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling FORTRAN into Linux

Hello, I use Linux on Ubuntu 12.04. I have a fortran script with extension .f and I want to compile it to an executable file in linux. I have used this command: f77 -o snp_hwe.exe snp_hwe.f But I receive this error: (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main' collect2: ld returned 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pro*c file Compiling Issue in suse Linux

The existing .pc (pro *C) file is running successfully in UNIX. But when Iam trying to compile this same file in LINUX using proc iname filename.pc, Iam getting an error, proc file not recognized. Could someone help how to generate execute file from the proc*c file. what are the prerequisites... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikrambharat
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling Android system on Linux MInt

i have been trying to compile an android Marshmello system with no success. every time i try to compile i get this error javac: invalid source release: 1.7s Usage: javac <options> <source files> make: *** Error 41 #### make failed to build some targets (03:04 (mm:ss)) ####... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gearm
2 Replies
OCAMLDEP(1)						      General Commands Manual						       OCAMLDEP(1)

NAME
ocamldep - Dependency generator for Objective Caml SYNOPSIS
ocamldep [ options ] filename ... DESCRIPTION
The ocamldep(1) command scans a set of Objective Caml source files (.ml and .mli files) for references to external compilation units, and outputs dependency lines in a format suitable for the make(1) utility. This ensures that make will compile the source files in the correct order, and recompile those files that need to when a source file is modified. The typical usage is: ocamldep options *.mli *.ml > .depend where .depend is the file that should contain the dependencies. Dependencies are generated both for compiling with the bytecode compiler ocamlc(1) and with the native-code compiler ocamlopt(1). OPTIONS
The following command-line options are recognized by ocamldep(1). -I directory Add the given directory to the list of directories searched for source files. If a source file foo.ml mentions an external compila- tion unit Bar, a dependency on that unit's interface bar.cmi is generated only if the source for bar is found in the current direc- tory or in one of the directories specified with -I. Otherwise, Bar is assumed to be a module from the standard library, and no dependencies are generated. For programs that span multiple directories, it is recommended to pass ocamldep(1) the same -I options that are passed to the compiler. -ml-synonym .ext Consider the given extension (with leading dot) to be a synonym for .ml. -mli-synonym .ext Consider the given extension (with leading dot) to be a synonym for .mli. -modules Output raw dependencies of the form filename: Module1 Module2 ... ModuleN where Module1, ..., ModuleN are the names of the compila- tion units referenced within the file filename, but these names are not resolved to source file names. Such raw dependencies cannot be used by make(1), but can be post-processed by other tools such as Omake(1). -native Generate dependencies for a pure native-code program (no bytecode version). When an implementation file (.ml file) has no explicit interface file (.mli file), ocamldep(1) generates dependencies on the bytecode compiled file (.cmo file) to reflect interface changes. This can cause unnecessary bytecode recompilations for programs that are compiled to native-code only. The flag -native causes dependencies on native compiled files (.cmx) to be generated instead of on .cmo files. (This flag makes no difference if all source files have explicit .mli interface files.) -pp command Cause ocamldep(1) to call the given command as a preprocessor for each source file. -slash Under Unix, this option does nothing. -version Print version string and exit. -vnum Print short version number and exit. -help or --help Display a short usage summary and exit. SEE ALSO
ocamlc(1), ocamlopt(1). The Objective Caml user's manual, chapter "Dependency generator". OCAMLDEP(1)