Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in getting pl/sql output messages in script Post 302364399 by justchill on Friday 23rd of October 2009 01:54:06 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Question Help in getting pl/sql output messages in script

Hi ,

I have a pl/sql procedure which takes its input from a shell script, and deletes rows from db table based on the input.
I've dbms_output.put_line statments in procedure which i want to capture and display in the script and change the course of the execution of the script.

for example, if no rows have been deleted, i have to stop executing the rest of the script.

the issue is that the dbms_output statements are not displayed on the screen even when the serveroutput is on

Can anyone give me ideas on how to implement this.

Last edited by justchill; 10-23-2009 at 05:11 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting SQL output from within a shell script

Hi all I would like to open a SQL session from within a shell script and then redirect the output of the SQL command to a file. e.g. #!/bin/bash sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF @$HOME/recovery_space.sql EOF I want to redirect the output of the SQL command to a temp file, because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

have a shell script done in pl/sql and want output in html

I have this shell script where I have both pl/sql and sql. But want to have a snigle output file where the result of each cursors are in HTML tables. I was able to do that on my old script but it was only sql scripts (no pl/sql). Can I do have such outputs now with my new script where I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arobert
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut an sql script output

Hi i want to cut the first field of this output obtained form sql script more dxlocks_test.log.1 SID SERIAL# SPID ---------- ---------- --------- 25 18356 1029 78 39370 1025 136 14361 1027 ================================ cut -f1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishwaryakala
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script's output to a CSV file

I need to call and execute an SQL script within a KSH script and get the output/extracted data into a CSV file. Is there any way to get the out put in a CSV file other than spooling ? I tried spooling. Problem is if there is any wrning/comment/Error they all will be spooled into the csv file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script?

hi, Could anyone tell me how to pass the output values of the PL/SQL procedure to Shell script and how to store that values in a shell script variable... Thanks in advance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Query in Shell Script output formatting

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh call_sql () { sql=$1 sqlplus -s $sqlparam_sieb <<EOF SET ECHO OFF; SET NEWPAGE NONE; SET SQLBL OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 2000; SET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script appending output of sql query

I am writing the following script to create the file v_out.txt. sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF CONNECT scott/tiger@orcl; whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set newpage 0; SET PAGESIZE 0; SET ECHO OFF; SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 100; set tab off; set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
7 Replies
DDB(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    DDB(8)

NAME
ddb -- configure DDB kernel debugger properties SYNOPSIS
ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] print ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] status ddb script scriptname ddb script scriptname=script ddb scripts ddb unscript scriptname ddb pathname DESCRIPTION
The ddb utility configures certain aspects of the ddb(4) kernel debugger from user space that are not configured at compile-time or easily via sysctl(8) MIB entries. To ease configuration, commands can be put in a file which is processed using ddb as shown in the last synopsis line. An absolute pathname must be used. The file will be read line by line and applied as arguments to the ddb utility. Whitespace at the beginning of lines will be ignored as will lines where the first non-whitespace character is '#'. OUTPUT CAPTURE
The ddb utility can be used to extract the contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer of the current live kernel, or from the crash dump of a kernel on disk. The following debugger commands are available from the command line: capture [-M core] [-N system] print Print the current contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. capture [-M core] [-N system] status Print the current status of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. SCRIPTING
The ddb utility can be used to configure aspects of ddb(4) scripting from user space; scripting support is described in more detail in ddb(4). Each of the debugger commands is available from the command line: script scriptname Print the script named scriptname. script scriptname=script Define a script named scriptname. As many scripts contain characters interpreted in special ways by the shell, it is advisable to enclose script in quotes. scripts List currently defined scripts. unscript scriptname Delete the script named scriptname. EXIT STATUS
The ddb utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following example defines a script that will execute when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a break signal: ddb script kdb.enter.break="show pcpu; bt" The following example will delete the script: ddb unscript kdb.enter.break For further examples, see the ddb(4) and textdump(4) manual pages. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), textdump(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The ddb utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Robert N M Watson BUGS
Ideally, ddb would not exist, as all pertinent aspects of ddb(4) could be configured directly via sysctl(8). BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD