Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clone scsi disc solaris 8
Operating Systems Solaris Clone scsi disc solaris 8 Post 302364218 by incredible on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 10:22:26 AM
Old 10-22-2009
please provide the output
echo|format
Your disk should spin up before you can do anything.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Card in Solaris 8

HI, I am trying to install Symbios SCSI PCI adapter in Ultra10 but unable to configure it. Getting following errors genunix: NOTICE: glm0: fault detected in device; service still unavailable genunix: NOTICE: glm0: Symbios PCI device (1000,3) not supported. Anyone has an idea, how to resolve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I clone Solaris 7 disk

could anyone give me a general idea of how i may clone a 2 Gig disk running Solaris 7 on it to another disk of the same size? currently, this system only has one disk in it though. i do have the ability to hook up another disk via SCSI. i have been told i need to boot to "miniroot" to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: obosha
9 Replies

3. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Solaris

disc clone - using Ufsdump / ufsretore

I am attempting to clone the hard drive of an old (and delicate) SUN Sparc 5 Station using Solaris 7 operating system, an Informix Database and application software. I have successfully copied all six partitions using Ufsdump to DAT tape. However, when I attempt to restore the system using the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAILWAY
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup / Clone Solaris Zone Issue

Hi, I'd like to discuss the subject of backing up / cloning Solaris zone. I was trying to clone zone A to zone B (Solaris 10 11/06: Cloning a Non-Global Zone on the Same System (System Administration Guide: Oracle Solaris Containers-Resource Management and Oracle Solaris Zones)). The first test... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 - how to backup and restore system disc

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and now I am wondering what is the best way to backup (to another hard disc) and restore the system hard disc content. The backup should to be done every night using a script launched by cron and all previously done backups should be available to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Newly relabelled disc unable to initialize to Solaris 8 login - please help

We are having a problem with initializing Solaris 8 installed on a Sunblade 1500 after having cloned the hard disc. (The cloning process was done in a windows environment. Not a UNIX environment.) Immediately after the cloning process neither hard disc would boot until the format label... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DR_RALT
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Need to Clone Solaris OS to another disk

Hi, I am trying to clone the hard disk image of Solaris OS on one disk to another disk. After some googling I found that there is a command "dd" to achieve this. However there is a condition to use the dd command, that the disk geometry of both the disks (source and target disks) should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
5 Replies
ECHO(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   ECHO(1)

NAME
echo -- write arguments to the standard output SYNOPSIS
echo [-n] [string ...] DESCRIPTION
The echo utility writes any specified operands, separated by single blank (' ') characters and followed by a newline (' ') character, to the standard output. The following option is available: -n Do not print the trailing newline character. The end-of-options marker -- is not recognized and written literally. The newline may also be suppressed by appending 'c' to the end of the string, as is done by iBCS2 compatible systems. Note that the -n option as well as the effect of 'c' are implementation-defined in IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'') as amended by Cor. 1-2002. For porta- bility, echo should only be used if the first argument does not start with a hyphen ('-') and does not contain any backslashes (''). If this is not sufficient, printf(1) should be used. Most shells provide a builtin echo command which tends to differ from this utility in the treatment of options and backslashes. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. EXIT STATUS
The echo utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), printf(1), sh(1) STANDARDS
The echo utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'') as amended by Cor. 1-2002. BSD
November 12, 2010 BSD