Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Round off the a Decimal value. Post 302364167 by dear_abhi2007 on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 08:10:09 AM
Old 10-22-2009
integer expression expected

Hi,, Thanks for the suggestion but,,, the output from printf is in char. & we need it in integer format.
Due to which this is failing .....
"[: 25.00: integer expression expected"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

round decimal values and use in loops

i have a file in which 3 values are stored like --4.72 4.42 3.86 what i wanna do is that take read each value and compare with a fixed value say 5 but cant do so as i am getting an error for the same. please check the code cat /home/nsadm/auto/Logging/uptime.txt| while read a b c do if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemnian.g
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Anybody please help me... Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) representation. Also, draw its Flow Chart. This is a unix qn... plz post algorithm for that :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramba
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caramba
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to round up value upto 2 decimal places using sed?

Please help me in rounding up value upto 2 decimal palces using sed command #!/usr/bin/bash a=15.42 b=13.33 c=`echo $a*$b |bc -l` echo $c above code is is giving output "205.5486" but i want the output as "205.55" Thank you... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert hexa decimal to decimal

Hi, I want to convert two hexadecimal numbers to decimal using unix command line. 1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698 fc8f99ac06e88c4faf669cf366f60d I tried using `echo "ibase=16; $no |bc` printf '%x\n' "1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698" but it doesn't work for such big number it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
4 Replies

6. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Round Up with 2 decimal point at specific column

Input file: USA 20.5683 UK 3.54221 Japan 2.54001 China 2.50897 Germany 2.05816 . . Desired output file: USA 20.57 UK 3.54 Japan 2.54 China 2.51 Germany 2.06 . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decimal numbers and letters in the same collums: round numbers

Hi! I found and then adapt the code for my pipeline... awk -F"," -vOFS="," '{printf "%0.2f %0.f\n",$2,$4}' xxx > yyy I add -F"," -vOFS="," (for input and output as csv file) and I change the columns and the number of decimal... It works but I have also some problems... here my columns ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal field round of

Hi, I want to round of decimal numbers in comma seperated lines till 2 decimal numbers. line will be like. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal0746
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)