Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk? Post 302364104 by C.Weidemann on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 05:32:50 AM
Old 10-22-2009
Quote:
You will need more than 200MB to install Ubuntu,
Tnanks Mark54g for your answer. Do you really mean that 200 GB, (not 200 MB) is too small fur Ubuntu ?.

But at moment my main questions are:

Is it possible to install Ubuntu on the not yet partitioned area of a 500 GB disk having at timittene of installation only one partion of 80 GB containing Windows and get a dual boot installation? What procedures?

I have put this question - maybe redundant to others- because the Ubuntu installation guide process offers an option to create a double boot system Windows - Linux by shrinking an existing Windows partition and then installing Ubuntu on a partition that is createed in the disk space created by the shinking. The guide however does not mention if there is a possibility to install Ubuntu in a not partitioned portion of a disk holding a Window system .

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Linux partitioned disk mounted on OSOL without formatting

Hello and Merry Christmas... Quick question after tireless search around the web. Description: I have a WD My book world edition II that met an untimely death. However the 2 SATA disks inside seem to be working just fine. Want to add either one of them to my Solaris Desktop. Since I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michnmi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I mount a new disk on ubuntu linux?

Hello, I am fairly new to ubuntu and have been learning linux using this distro. I am using Ubuntu 11.04 server. Recently I added a new HD to the desktop.. however I know I need to mount it, My question is how would I mount this disk? so I can use it as a drive? Thanks here are my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ubuntu ZFS split disk

Hello all, At the moment i'm building a home made nas/media server running ubuntu. After reading some articles about ZFS I decided to use it (at first on a virtual machine). the machine is gonna be a AMD fusion with two 1TB disks and one 64GB ssd for the OS This is what im trying to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StrikeByte
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to manage disk usage in Ubuntu?

Hello, I have been running under ubuntu 14.04 trusty and 18.04 bionic. What I wonder is about: * how to stop all process in case hdd capacity is almost full and create space for system files * if possible, to prevent filesystem to write anything into hdd when there is such a risk * if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)					       byobu					       byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-uninstall - Byobu Launcher uninstallation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-uninstall DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) is a simple utilty that removes the line added to your $HOME/.profile by byobu-launcher-install(1) which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-install(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)