Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recursive Permissions???
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Recursive Permissions??? Post 302364007 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 09:59:09 PM
Old 10-21-2009
check the man page of chmod. the answer is there

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive GREP ?

Hi! Suppose I have a directory (no symbolic links) called /WORK that contains 3 subdirectories: /A /B /C My problem is this: I want to look for a file that contains an order number. So far, I obtain what I want by doing this /home/acb% cd /WORK/A /home/acb/WORK/A% grep '093023553' *.*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

2. Programming

recursive function

Hi everyone, i need your input on this. We can express a function recursivly like this A(n) = (2 n = 0 5 n = 1 A(n − 1) + A(n − 2) % 47 n > 1 How would i go about constructing a recursive function for this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Recursive SFTP

Hello, I need to transfer files from Serve1 to Server2. Previously I was using scp command. Now I have to use sftp (due to audit issues). The problem with sftp is (atleast to my level of knowledge) we cannot transfer dirs (and files within that dir). Is there a way to solve this? Looks like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MohanTJ
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Concatenation

Hi, I have a problem with concatenation text files. I have a directory, say 'foo' Inside this folder, I have many sub folders, say 'oof1, oof2 .... oof20' Each oof directory has a number of text files inside it. I need to concatenate all the text files in oof directories within foo...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kerensa@unsw.ed
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive wc on a directory?

Hi all, I need to count the number of lines in all the files under a directory (several levels deep). I am feeling extremely dumb, but I don't know how to do that. Needless to say, I am not a shell script wiz... Any advice? thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bimba17
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive List File Permissions

How can I recursively list file permission including all subdirectories and save the result to a file. I also want to exclude certain file type. All I need is the UID and GID of each of the files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive List File Permissions

How can I recursively list file permission including all subdirectories and save the result to a file. I also want to exclude certain file type such as *.log. All I need is the UID and GID of each of the files/folders output to a text file. Any ideas, any help very much apperciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with recursive command

Hi, I need help with recursive function. This is not a part of any homework or classroom related. I am trying to learn unix and working on a question posted on site. basically i have to create a script which does what rm -r does. my code so far: 1 #!/bin/bash 2 3 function recursive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluebird13
2 Replies
uucheck(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       uucheck(1M)

NAME
uucheck - check the uucp directories and permissions file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uucheck [-v] [-x debug-level] DESCRIPTION
uucheck checks for the presence of the uucp system required files and directories. uucheck also does error checking of the Permissions file (/etc/uucp/Permissions). uucheck is executed during package installation. uucheck can only be used by the super-user or uucp. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -v Give a detailed (verbose) explanation of how the uucp programs will interpret the Permissions file. -x debug-level Produce debugging output on the standard output. debug-level is a number from 0 to 9. Higher numbers give more detailed debugging information. FILES
/etc/uucp/Devices /etc/uucp/Limits /etc/uucp/Permissions /etc/uucp/Systems /var/spool/locks/* /var/spool/uucp/* /var/spool/uucppublic/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uustat(1C), uux(1C), uucico(1M), uusched(1M), attributes(5) BUGS
The program does not check file/directory modes or some errors in the Permissions file such as duplicate login or machine name. SunOS 5.10 18 May 1993 uucheck(1M)